Using different projet key with different repositories (JIRA)

Paco1863

Is there a way to set multiple JIRA project keys (this can be done in JIRA) to multiple BranchPrefix? The idea is to assign Jira project keys then have each key assigned to a branch prefix associated to a specific repository.

thanks

If possible, we'd like to do a similar thing, multiple branch prefixes BUT all using the same JIRA project key.

We have two types of JIRA issues; Software Change Requests (SCR) for planned changes to code docs etc, and Software Problem Reports (SPR) for bugs found during testing etc. For branch naming, it would be great to name branches for SCRs as scrxxxx and branches for SPRs as sprxxxx.

Thanks!

Dean

Tried using multiple branch prefixes, can't find a way to make it work (v187.22).

This would probably involve the following changes to the client issue tracking preference setting:

- Allow user input of multiple prefixes (comma-separated list in existing text box, or combo text box?)

- Array of prefix strings, vs. the current single string

- Check of each entry in array for associated JIRA issue, vs. the current single string

Thanks!

Dean

post-186-131480816214_thumb.jpg

Hi Miller,

I agree, this falls under the category of "nice to have". :)

The existing functionality will work just fine for what we need from Plastic / JIRA; different prefixes would be an even better "at a glance" view from the branch explorer on the nature of the task the branch was created for.

Thanks for the response!

Dean

• 1 year later...

I note that this feature request happened a couple of years ago.  I've got the latest 4.x version of Plastic, but sadly, this feature still isn't present.  Is it still a possibility for future versions?

Given that with Plastic, the idea is to use a repository per project, it seems strange that it isn't possible to link that particular project in Jira with the repository (in a 1 to 1 relation).  I tried an example setup against a project, then created the appropriate link to the project with the repository.  Everything worked well enough (I could see the Jira information linked to the branch for the particular "task" I created in Jira) - I then attempted to switch it to MULTIPLE_PROJECTS in the project key, leaving everything else the same - which promptly LOST the link to the Jira issue.

When using the MULTIPLE_PROJECTS project key, does the branch need to follow a different format?

e.g. my project in Jira is "GL" and I have an issue 1 - so the branch I created was GL001.  When Project Key = GL, the link shows up, but when it is "MULTIPLE_PROJECTS" - I get no link.

post-4578-0-02859400-1364068178_thumb.png

How does the MULTIPLE_PROJECTS setting determine which Jira project to find the issue in?

I believe I found the answer to this question:

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/906-jira-5-support/?p=6596

While it applies to a different version of Jira, it does in fact function.  I had to rename my existing branches after changing to MULTIPLE_PROJECTS.  I also changed the branch prefix from a project centric naming (GL) to someting that identifies the branch was created for linking with jira issues (I used JIRA_ just like the linked post above)

Cudos to the community for answering this one.  Just took a bit of digging to find it.

Format to create the branch name is %branch prefix%&project key&-%number%

ex: if

branch prefix = JIRA_

project short name = GL

issue to link = 1

Then the branch name to create is:

JIRA_GL-1

Archived