Can't revert unchanged files (doing an eval on plastic)

Altavious

I'm evaling plastic as a potential replacement for perforce for a game development studio.

I've ran into an issue with the plastic gui (screenshots attached) I have a list of "Changed Files", I can't switch branches because I have things checked out, I can't check things in because the files haven't changed and undo changes flashes up briefly then exits without clearing out the unchanged-changed files from the list. When I search for changed files from the command line it doesn't return any files.

How do I unblock this?

I also wanted to ask about server timestamps, for our data build system we need everyone to be using the same timestamps (but we don't really want timestamp synchronisation for code) is there a way to specify server timestamps on a file type/folder structure basis? Is there a way to turn on server timestamps by default or from the command line?

cm getconfig doesn't seem to have a timestamp option and there is no setconfig?

post-896-0-62340700-1323716260_thumb.png

post-896-0-31094200-1323716261_thumb.png

Hi Altavious,

I also wanted to ask about server timestamps, for our data build system we need everyone to be using the same timestamps (but we don't really want timestamp synchronisation for code) is there a way to specify server timestamps on a file type/folder structure basis? Is there a way to turn on server timestamps by default or from the command line?

cm getconfig doesn't seem to have a timestamp option and there is no setconfig?

You will find an option inside "Preferences" -> "Other options" called "Update operation sets repository timestamps on files" I think that is what you are looking for.

Manu.

Hi Manu,

Selecting one item and clicking undo changes has the same effect as having them all selected, something flickers up on the screen then disappears, and the entry remains in the list.

I found the "Update operation sets repository timestamps on files" in the gui but I'm looking for a way to set it by default/from the command line, we have a lot of artists who would benefit from us being able to test/check this value and ensure that it is set correctly on their machines.

Richard

I found the "Update operation sets repository timestamps on files" in the gui but I'm looking for a way to set it by default/from the command line, we have a lot of artists who would benefit from us being able to test/check this value and ensure that it is set correctly on their machines.

Richard

If you enable that option on the GUI preferences it will be also applied to the command line. It's a common preference.

As additional info - it looks like if I manually delete the file and update then it disappears from the changed list and works correctly again, but I'm not having any luck getting it to revert in the gui.

Yes, that is the hard way to revert the change. It's the same as if you perform an "update forced" over the item.

Hi Manu,

Selecting one item and clicking undo changes has the same effect as having them all selected, something flickers up on the screen then disappears, and the entry remains in the list.

Richard

I would love to connect with you to see if we can solve the problem, due to it's a very strange behavior.

Are you available?

Manu.

Hi there,

There's a reason why by default we don't keep server timestamps on files:

- Build systems need a newer date on a file in order to trigger the build (make, ant, everyone). So, if you have a timezone diff with the server (for instance)... you're dead

That's the reason why.

Other than that, since we went through it before, there's an option to configure it. As manu pointed, the option is there from both CLI and GUI. (you can configure client.conf file too, but manu pointed the easiest way :P)

Altavious, Manu went home but I'm still available, reach me at psantosl (you know the rest) if you need anything.

Archived