Problem with

Twelve

Hello, I created basic Asp.Mvc 3 project, when trying to checkin it I get error "Binary stream '50' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader" (rest attached). The only binary files, that I want to checkin are png files. Server is on the same computer as client. I use Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Visual Studio 2010 and latest Plastic 4. Thanks in advance for help.

post-907-0-72589100-1324241948_thumb.png

I think the version you have installed for the server is not compatible with the client, try to install the same version on the client side and tell me if it works.

In order to know the server version please stop the plastic server windows service, open a command line window as administrator, change your directory to your Plastic SCM server directory and finally issue the following:

"plasticd.exe --console"

You will see the server version printed.

Regards,

Manu

Ok, do the following:

1) Copy the root of the project structure (the one having all the changes) to a personal directory as backup.

2) Undo all the changes.

3) Copy the root of the workspace you copied before overwriting the one you have in the workspace.

4) Go to the "Pending changes view" and in the options select all of them except the "Show ignored objects" option.

4) Refresh, you will see all the changed and added items.

5) Retry the ci operation.

Tell me if it works.

Regards,

Manu

Yes, I tried you way and it didn't work. Error happend again when I was doing checkin of libraries, and I think I isolated the bug - it happens when you have many bin files to checkin. To work around you can uncheck just one file - operation will go without errors.

Archived