New version 4.0.237.7

CodingGorilla

I noticed a new release today (4.0.237.7), but this does not appear to contain the cm log fixes and the TeamCity plugin. Am I missing something or is that not ready yet?

Also, I noticed that the client complains when trying to sync to the older version of the server (4.0.237.6), is this always going to be the case where the client and the server have to be in perfect sync (version wise)? I like to keep my versions on "the cutting edge", but I can see where that could be an issue for my colleagues (who tend to be a bit more lazy ;) ).

I noticed a new release today (4.0.237.7), but this does not appear to contain the cm log fixes and the TeamCity plugin. Am I missing something or is that not ready yet?

The last fixes in cm log are not available yet, so the TeamCity plugin fixes are not ready yet (this plugin uses the cm log command). This will be available in 237.7. To be exact, it was not integrated in 237.7 for a matter of a few hours: the task was closed only 3 hours after the release was closed...

Also, I noticed that the client complains when trying to sync to the older version of the server (4.0.237.6), is this always going to be the case where the client and the server have to be in perfect sync (version wise)? I like to keep my versions on "the cutting edge", but I can see where that could be an issue for my colleagues (who tend to be a bit more lazy wink.png ).

To upgrade to the last release 237.7 it's necessary to upgrade both server and client (the release notes states this). As you've pointed out, the correct behaviour (and the one we used to have till 3.0) is to maintain a compatible version for server and client during the whole 4.0 version. But currently we are working on important bugfixes and small new features that are very useful to clients; this sometimes force us to change the communication layer between server and client :-(. We still will change the communication layer (also known as commontypes) once again, including important changes in the security of Plastic SCM 4.0.

Anyway, we hope to get a stable version soon and avoid changing it during the 4.0 version anymore.

Sorry for all the inconveniences and thanks a lot for your feedback!

Luis

To upgrade to the last release 237.7 it's necessary to upgrade both server and client (the release notes states this). As you've pointed out, the correct behaviour (and the one we used to have till 3.0) is to maintain a compatible version for server and client during the whole 4.0 version. But currently we are working on important bugfixes and small new features that are very useful to clients; this sometimes force us to change the communication layer between server and client :-(. We still will change the communication layer (also known as commontypes) once again, including important changes in the security of Plastic SCM 4.0.

I understand, since I'm new to Plastic I was just wondering if there will always be the need to keep all versions in sync or not (I have no previous experience with 3.0). But I understand the periodic need to make changes like that, and we don't have a large install base [yet], so it's not a big deal.

Thanks!

Just noticed that my Plastic client automatically updated after upgrading server to 3.0.187.33. Cool! New feature?

The last fixes in cm log are not available yet, so the TeamCity plugin fixes are not ready yet (this plugin uses the cm log command). This will be available in 237.7. To be exact, it was not integrated in 237.7 for a matter of a few hours: the task was closed only 3 hours after the release was closed...

Any chance to get a new release anytime soon that includes "cm log"-fix and TeamCity plugin? The missing TeamCity plugin is the only obstacle in our way to move to Plastic 4. Can't wait.... Maybe we can get a release next week? That would be really great!!

Any chance to get a new release anytime soon that includes "cm log"-fix and TeamCity plugin? The missing TeamCity plugin is the only obstacle in our way to move to Plastic 4. Can't wait.... Maybe we can get a release next week? That would be really great!!

Yea this part is really becoming an obstacle for me in pushing Plastic to my colleagues. I was even thinking of asking if maybe we could get some "Nightly Builds" or something like that.

Yea this part is really becoming an obstacle for me in pushing Plastic to my colleagues. I was even thinking of asking if maybe we could get some "Nightly Builds" or something like that.

Guys! The cm log is fixed in the BL239!!!

It will be publish in the web in a few minutes! Enjoy it!

Archived