Upgrade woes

zz74b

I am trying to migrate my 3.0 repositories to a new 4.0 instance on the same server.

I have installed latest version (3.0.187.33) of 3.0 client so I can fast export however, I get the following error when I try to run the command cm lrep or cm fast-export

Limited by date evaluation license has expired. Expiration date 23/12/2011.

Please can someone give an indication of how I can migrate my repositories. I am now unable to use plastic as no functions work and I am thinking I will have to downgrade. I am running the community version of plastic.

Kind regards

zz74b

Ah yes, I needed to copy the nice licence file into the directory..

However, now in v4, when the server service tries to start I get this in the event log:

Service cannot be started. System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Mono.Security.X509.Extensions.SubjectAltNameExtension..ctor(System.String[], System.String[], System.String[], System.String[])'.

at Codice.Channels.SelfSignedCertificate.GeneratePkcs12Certificate(String fileName, String hostName, DateTime validFrom, DateTime validTill, String plainTextPassword, String[] alternativeHostNames, String[] alternativeIpAddresses)

at Codice.Channels.SelfSignedCertificate.GenerateHostCertificateIfNeeded()

at Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpServerChannel.ProcessPfxCertificate(String certFileName)

at Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSinkProvider, Boolean bUseSSL)

at Codice.Channels.PlasticSecuredTcpChannel.CreateServerChannel(IDictionary properties...

Hello zz74b,

can you tell us your machine environment? Linux/Windows, distro? 64 bits?....

Is the PlasticSCM 3.0 server installed on the same machine? make sure the new PlasticSCM 4.0 is not listening on the same port as the 3.0 server or another different service.

You can check the PlasticSCM listening ports inside the "remoting.conf" file inside your PlasticSCM server installation path.

Manu.

• 8 months later...

As an update to this problem, I discovered in another thread that I needed to search for other versions of the Mono.Security.dll on the server.

It turned out that there was a different version in the GAC (I'm unsure of what installed it there). Removing this allowed the Plastic v4.1 to start successfully.

Archived