File timestamps

CodingGorilla

Can Plastic maintain file timestamps when a workspace is updated? For example, if the last modified date on file1.cs is 2/28/2012 01:30:00, and I do an update on a workspace on another computer (this is related to TeamCity) today can or will Plastic set the last modified date to file1.cs to 2/28/2012 01:30:00, instead of the date of the update?

@cidico I did that, on TeamCity anyways, that didn't seem to have any effect. Also, I was not clear whether that changed the timestamps to be those of the repository's date (ie. the date the changeset on the repository was created) or the original last modified date of the file.

But like I said, on TeamCity it didn't have any effect; but that could be a TeamCity issue. If I can understand exactly how Plastic handles the timestamps, then maybe I can figure out how to deal with TeamCity.

Hi CondingGorilla, I think you are not able to see the the correct time stamp due to TeamCity internally copies the source code between folders so it's not a real update operation.

I'll speak with Violeta, our TeamCity expert and I'll prepare you a more elaborated answer.

If you try the option that cidico said on new workspaces (not related with TeamCity) I think you will notice the difference.

Archived