Visual Studio 11

swerner

The project is actually already bound since i use Plastic In VS 2010. Since VS 11 doesn't know anything about Plastic, it asks me to open the project temporarily without Source control.

Plastic does not show up under Tools->Source Control.

The issue here is that the Plastic installer does not register the visual studio package in VS11, as it's not tested yet.

Swerner, could you please execute the following and try again?

c:\<your_plastic_installation_folder>\client\tools\regpkg /root:Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0 /codebase "c:\<your_plastic_installation_folder>\client\plasticVSextensibility.dll"

(I'm not sure whether the registry key for VS11 is Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11 or not, I just got the one for VS2008 and VS2010 and replaced :-))

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 11\Common7\IDE\devenv" /setup

(again, whatever the installation folder of Visual Studio 11 is).

These steps are the ones the the installer executes for VS2005, VS2008 and VS2010, so this should work in VS11 to register the plugin.

Best,

Luis

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find a copy of the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.dll file and copy it into the ..\plasticscm4\client\tools along with the regpkg.exe and then follow your instructions. And now it's working.

Only problem is you're going to have to get rid of all the color in tool windows to go along with the [horrible] grey theme in VS11. :P

I was able to find a copy of the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.dll file and copy it into the ..\plasticscm4\client\tools along with the regpkg.exe and then follow your instructions. And now it's working.

Perfect! :)

Only problem is you're going to have to get rid of all the color in tool windows to go along with the [horrible] grey theme in VS11. :P

xD Screenshot please! I don'thave the VS11 installed!

Archived