Check-in Performance

wise1372

We currently have a remote developer who is having check-in issues. The check-in can take 4-5 minutes. We use trend as our anti-virus program and I have set exclusions on the folder for all the workspaces, the plastic.exe, plasticud.exe and cm. The issue appears to only happen from visual studio. How can we troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Hi! I'm the remote developer having the problem.

I've only done check-ins using the GUI, but using the standalone GUI or the one in VS makes no difference. Each check in request on a large workspace takes 4+ minutes to come up.

Searching does not seem to take very long at all. Just the "Downloading data from the repository" part of ci.

Hope this helps you track this down. The long wait times are making the product extremely difficult to work with. Note that this was not an issue with the previous major version of Plastic.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revisit this thread but what was the resolution here? Since upgrading to 4.1.10.333 our checkins and general performance has slowed down considerably. Not several minutes but still 5 or more times slower than it was.

I've also had issues with it blocking out users and have a workaround at the moment that might be causing the issue. That issue is here.

Archived