The object is currently locked. Try Later.

andsee

I'm getting the 'The object is currently locked. Try later.' error whenever I try to checkout or add files to our workspace. This started this morning and 5 hours later is still reporting the same message. What can cause this message?

I'm using Plastic 4.0.239.19

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue in the same circumstances, I couldn't check in even the next day when it should have been doing nothing and I was the only user. However, the problem completely disappeared by using MySQL server instead.

• 5 years later...

Ran into this issue today myself and running cm listlocks came back with nothing and I confirmed that no one was checking in anything in at the time.

Went onto the server into /opt/plasticscm/server and was not able to find a plastic.currentlocks as specified here: 

So what I ended up doing was going into my local .plastic folder and moving the plastic.lck file out to test.. Sure enough once that was done I was able to do a cm update . just fine

Ummmm,

there are three different types of locks.

1) Exclusive checkout locks: Done through the checkout operation and the "lock.conf" rules: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide.shtml#Configure-Lock-rules-Lockconf-file

2) Workspace locks: Used by plastic.exe to prevent the user to execute operations meanwhile another operation is taking place, this lock should be automatically removed once the operation finish.

3) Database objects locks: Used by the Plastic SCM server during operations like the replication or the checkin to prevent other users to modify/delete objects that are needed for an operation that is taking place. This kind of locks should be automatically removed once the main operation finish.

I think you faced the #2 right? Do you remember a force close of the GUI/computer? That might prevent Plastic to auto remove it.

Archived