Migrate from 3 to 4; MySql; repositories seem empty

Hi there. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've done the fast-export, fast-import to go from v3 to v4, and the export files seem the right size (very similar in file size to the old v3 file-based repos). The new v4 has all of my branches and changesets, but when I switch to a branch and try to Update or Update Forced, it's not downloading any files to my PC. If I bring up the Items window, it's empty.

What step have I missed, please?

I've got about 15 repos, and the first few I've tried all have this problem.

Hello notken,

well, the package file size doesn't need to have the same size as the database but it's a good sign if the package has data.

Let's see if you files are imported fine.

Open the branch explorer, right click in the last changeset and select "Browse repository in this changeset", navigate to a known file.

1) Check if the Size column has a good value,

2) Right click in the file and select open, check if it's empty or not.

Thanks for the quick reply. That method seems to work. I can see my text editor is looking at a file in a temp folder. I didn't mention (apologies) that when moving to v4 I changed the storage to MySql, and it has created those databases, and they too seem to be a decent size (a couple of the databases are 300+ MB in size, which seem to represent two of our big projects).

So it does look like the data is there. I just can't seem to be able to persuade it download the files in the workspace, or even admit there are any in the Items view. Anything else you can think of to 'kickstart' it?

Yes, let's try the following. In the same branch explorer and the same changeset you browsed before, right click in it again ans this time select "Switch workspace to this changeset"

Tell me if it's able to download the content.

Aha, yes, that seems to work, and switching back to the main branch does seem to update it *back* to what it should be. I guess I'll need to do that for each, but won't take more than a few minutes. Thanks for helping out so quickly. I'll update this if it doesn't work as expected for each of the other repos.

Archived