Triggers for Merge?

gregsohl

As we are looking at using PlasticSCM in a fully distributed model, we need some triggers to be in the server environment, particularly on merge operations. I want to so some things with all items as they are merged into the master (remote) repository. What trigger(s) are fired on a sync replication push to the remote repository?

I don't see any documented in the triggers documentation that seem appropriate. Developers will never do a "checkin" to the remote repository, only a merge.

Are there any other ways to approach this need (for example, logging all file changes upon merge to the remote repository).

Thanks.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I'm not sure about your question, do you mean that you need a trigger that detects merges operations into the master branch and then push this new changes into a replicated server?

I think I'm not understanding you :S

Developer workflow:

1. Create Task branch from /main in local repository
  2. Make code changes
  3. Check in code changes to Task branch
  4. Merge Task branch to /main in local repository
  5. (verify no conflicts with master/remote repository)
  6. Use Sync Replication to push /main from local repository to master/remote repository

Are there triggers that execute for step 6? These would be needed to start continuous integration processes and to do any other types of notifications I would want. It is this push to /main in the master/remote repository that is the "real" checkin for a fully distributed environment.

Greg

Hi Greg,

you have the after-checking trigger, you can use it to run only if the commit is in the main branch, if so you can run an "cm replicate" operation and check if the output is a correct replica or it's raising conflicts errors.

If the replication operation can be done you are saving the step 6, if not you have to resolve the conflicts.

Manuel,

The trigger needs to run on the server housing the master repository. That's what's important - the master copy of the source. Nothing is "final" until it gets there. There is no checkin operation as far as I know after sync replication push local-to-master, or am I missing something?

Greg

Archived