Various checkin errors occuring

Aaron K

Hi all. I've recently migrated my VSS codebase into Plastic (4.1.10.268) via GIT. There were a few small issues with file histories not coming along but we've fixed those and the code seems to be all there and up to date. However I have just been through and changed a few files and when checking them in I have been getting two problems.

The first seems to only relate to one file. When I attempt to check it in I get the error "The parent revision of the item XXXXX is inconsistent with the loaded one in the changeset cs:12429"

The other error I got was with the files that seemed to be check in OK. While the files seem to be in the repository now (With correct history etc) I still got an error stating "Can't connect to the remote server 127.0.0.1:8081 the server refused the connection". However, that IS NOT my server IP and port.

Any idea as I'm a little concerned about the consistency of our repository.

Thanks

Aaron

I would also like to add that today I am getting "Could not connect to Remote server" dialogs appear after adding files to source control via the shell extension. The files seem to be added and checked in OK but this dialog still appears.

Thanks

Hi Aaron.

The first seems to only relate to one file. When I attempt to check it in I get the error "The parent revision of the item XXXXX is inconsistent with the loaded one in the changeset cs:12429"

This is a common message shown when you are switching to a branch with changed elements (the blue tick) and then you try to checkout & ci it. Usually this commit should not break anything but sometimes it does. Imagine you have the revisions #1 #2 #3 of a file you and you are working in a branch using the revision #2 then you switch to a different branch that must load the revision #3 but you switch with the revision #2 changed if you try to commit the file you will notice the error since you should have the revision #3. This check is to prevent code bug regressions.

The other error I got was with the files that seemed to be check in OK. While the files seem to be in the repository now (With correct history etc) I still got an error stating "Can't connect to the remote server 127.0.0.1:8081 the server refused the connection". However, that IS NOT my server IP and port.

Can you check if you have a profile pointing to that server? Do you get the error always?

Can you check if you have a profile pointing to that server? Do you get the error always?

Manu, what do you mean by profile? Is there something on disk I should look at? All my plastic client does is connect to our active plastic server on 8087.

When I was initially testing Plastic I did install locally on this machine, but I've since removed all that (Or so I thought).

Thanks

Aaron

You can have connection profiles pointing to external servers.

To review your profiles list go to the GUI preferences -> "Profiles" and check if you have unneeded profiles.

If you don't have any profile configured we can schedule a GoToMeeting sessions in order to get more information about this issue. I would need your time zone and your free hours to schedule it.

Archived