Synchronizing an entire sync view

Soho

We have started to use writable xlinks in most projects now. To replicate a project we create sync views that contains targets for all xlinked projects.

However, I cannot find a way to synchronize a whole view. I have to refresh each target, right click and synchronize, wait until synchronizing finish, repeat for all targets.

I kind of expected the whole point of a sync view, that syncing multiple repositories would be a one-click affair, but the current procedure is tedious and easily error prone.

I could probably make up a command line script, that would do merge the whole view, but it would be nice with a single sync button.

The common scenario for me is this: I make a few changes on my laptop while commuting. At work I sync the laptop with the main repository and repeat the sync when leaving the office. It would be nice for me with a single button sync.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure I follow you. What I want is just a button that does the same thing that I do manually: Click on each target and choose synchronize all. What I meant by online is that if some target server is offline, then it shouldn't sync with that server, just give me warning or something.

It would also be nice with a button one level higher, for syncing all views. That way I could just connect my laptop and hit that button and all repos would be in sync.

The manual process is pretty mechanical, no decisions are made, so at least for my case it should be straight forward to automate the syncing on higher levels than the individual repos.

No, you have a button to sync an entire repo target within a view. Not all repo targets, which is easy to forget when using writable xlinks.

Also, there is no button to sync all views (or all selected views).

Archived