Change server IP

vgaltes

Hi,

my server changes his IP at every restart and I don't have any DNS active, so I have to change the IP of the version in the client.

I'm having problems with that, because the client always is trying to connect to previous IP, not to the new one, event if I configure it in the Client Configuration Wizard.

How can I change the server's IP?

Thank you very much.

Vicenç

Ok, then there are two issues:

1) As you pointed, you've to "change your client configuration" to work with the new server. It is just a matter of running the configuration OR plastic --configure, or even editing client.conf

2) The bigger problem is that your workspace is still pointing to the old server... so, to fix it: go to the workspace (CLI) and run

cm update .

It will fix it.

It is not clean, I know, but we didn't have the time to enhance this specific part (something we will definitely need).

Alternatively: why don't you install a local server and use push/pull to replicate to the central (as you'd do with git/hg?)

pablo

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I sitll have this problem with the latest version of Plastic SCM, and cm update does not fix it (the error "no such host" appears when running cm update on the workspace, as well).

I've changed all the releveant settings and it should be pointing to the new address, but everything after the GUI (including cm update) only tries to connect to the old address. The GUI will connect to the correct one, and I can see the branches and chageset in the repository, but I cannot merge or update the changeset in any way (the "no such host" error occurs with the old address appearing still).

I think the address is somehow actually tied to the repository itself on the server side. If I make a new repository on the server from the client, the new repository will work fine. But I can't connect to the old one.

I even added <ServerName>(current address)</ServerName> to the server.conf but that doesn't help.

Hi,

Do you have now linked the workspace to the new server IP? It should be the first step. You can check "workspace_path\.plastic\plastic.selector" file. 

If you did it, close Branch Explorer tabs and restart Plastic GUI. You could have some old info cached.

If it doesn't help, enable the "Enable shared workspaces support (Samba/WinShare), save the preferences and close the GUI. Backup your workspace content and using terminal or finder delete the .plastic\plastic.wktree and .\plastic\plastic.changes if you have any.

Then execute a "cm update" command or open the GUI and right click the root item -> Update.

Let me know if it works. Best regards,

Carlos

Archived