Branches tree and visibility bug

JakubH

I've found a bug in a new tree view of branches:

There are not all my branches visible in a tree view of branches:

post-1925-0-40405500-1350916860_thumb.png

Here is the correct list in a list view:

post-1925-0-40819000-1350916861_thumb.png

It might be connected with visibility in a Branch Explorer somehow. The rel_4_0 branch was hidden there, but it is displayed now.

It is still there for those two branches, but I cannot reproduce it for another branch. Changing visibility in a Branch Explorer does not affect the Branches view at all.

When I open the Branches view, all branches are visible correctly, but when I hit reload button in the tree view, two branches disappear. Strange.

It is a test repository, but with real data of our company. Therefore I cannot send it to you. Sorry. (The databases have about 600 MB, so it wouldn't be easy anyway.)

My client's version is: 4.1.10.361 - Zurich (from you through this forum)

Server was 4.1.10.345 - LosAngeles, but I've updated now to the 4.1.10.361 - Zurich

• 3 weeks later...

I almost forgot this bug, I reinstalled server and reimported data, but it appears again. Now I'm pretty sure, that it has nothing to do with visibility settings in a branch explorer, cause I've not change it so far.

I was thinking if it could be somehow connected with a fact, that those branches was created during a fast-import.

I have three repositories now. All of these have a branch main and a branch rel_4_0. All used to be one CVS repository in the past. Two of these repositories are affected by this bug, but one of them works correctly.

The import procedure was quite complex. I might post about it someday, because it was really challenging. But for short, I did these steps:

- do some handwork in CVS repository

- produce fast-export file using cvs2git with fine tuned configuration

- import to GIT using fast-import

- do some cleaning in GIT repository

- export from GIT using fast-export

- do some adjustments on the fast-export file using my own utility (among other things it converted lightweighted tags to annotated ones and remove some changesets, incorrectly generated by cvs2git)

- import to Plastic using fast-import

I am not sure if I can do the nodata export, because of the utility which alters the fast-export file. But among other things, my utility change names of the master branch to main and name of a rel_4_0 branch to main/rel_4_0. So it looks like this for instance:

commit refs/heads/main/rel_4_0

mark :148994

author autotools <> 1352421204 +0000

committer autotools <> 1352421204 +0000

data 19

autobuild commited

M 100644 :148992 Clarity.xml

M 100644 :148993 CswExt/include/version_common.h

Do you think that the import could affect the behavior of the branches view?

I'm not sure, maybe we can test it directly from Plastic, just to test if it fails.

cm fe XXX --nodata

You can fast-import it into a new Plastic SCM repository and see if the branches are not displayed, if they're not displayed please email me the package and we'll debug the issue.

Wow. It helped.

I notice that there are commit refs/heads/main-rel_4_0 instead of commit refs/heads/main/rel_4_0 in Plastic fast-export file. The reimport converts it to /main/rel_4_0 again.

So I'll change my utility to generate fast export with dashes instead of slashes and I maybe add one step into my import procedure: fast-export from Plastic and reimport it again. :-)

Archived