Server not responding

Giles

Hi,

I run a Plastic server on a my Mac Mini(Mac OS X 10.7.5). Everything worked fine up until a few updates ago(sorry should really find the last stable version no.). The issue I'm currently experiencing is that after around a day or so I am no longer able to connect to my server from all clients, including a client on the same mac as the server. If I restart the mac then everything starts to work again ok. Why does my server stop responding after a period of time?

Also attempting any interaction with the server via the command line usually times out.

Error :

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

Command line results

Last login: Tue Jan 1 21:24:33 on ttys000

hotsourcescm:~ Giles$ plasticsd status

PlasticSCM server is started (pid 94)

hotsourcescm:~ Giles$ plasticsd restart

Stopping PlasticSCM server:/Applications/PlasticSCM/server/plasticsd: line 84: kill: (94) - Operation not permitted

rm: /tmp/plasticd4.exe.lock: Permission denied

OK

PlasticSCM server is already started FAILED

hotsourcescm:~ Giles$ plasticsd stop

Stopping PlasticSCM server:/Applications/PlasticSCM/server/plasticsd: line 84: kill: (94) - Operation not permitted

rm: /tmp/plasticd4.exe.lock: Permission denied

OK

hotsourcescm:~ Giles$

Any help as usual would be greatly appreciated, cheers,

Giles

Hi!

a little bit strange, it seems that the server is not reachable, are you suspending the mac server?

The "Operation not permitted" error is because you need to issue the command with the root user.

Next time, can you please send us the Plastic SCM server log file? I'll be also available for an online connection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are the Tcp errors not a problem ?

2013-01-18 21:06:32,002 (null) (null) INFO  Channel - Tcp transport error. ReceiveMessageStatus Connection closed
2013-01-18 21:06:32,002 (null) (null) INFO  Channel - conn       26 Tcp transport error. Connection closed

Backend wise I'm using the basic straight of the box default setup, so I guess Sqlite.  I'm open to you connecting to my Mac, what software do you need me to install ?

• 1 month later...

The server is not working after a period of time? Remember if you want to restart the server you need to issue the command with the root user. How many people are working with the server? Next time can you send me the server log?  I´will be also available for an online meeting.

Best regards,

Carlos 

Archived