Configuring Ignore.conf for Excel temp files */~$*.xlsx

fdcdave

When I try to add temp files for Excel, Word, Visio, etc.. to the ignore.conf file it appears to ignore them if I include the $.  I believe this is because the $ is also used to denote an environment variable.  

Does anyone know how to escape the $ (dollar sign) so that it matches the literal '$' instead of assuming the following word is an environment variable name?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

As far as I know, this kind of temporary files are : "$filename.xls" or "~filename.xls". I've testing the scenario and you can add those rules to your ignore.conf files:

*/$*.xls

*/~*.xls

$,~ ... symbols are not considered enviroment variables unless you call the file "$workspace.xls".

Using those rules, you'll ignore "$filename.xls" but not "filename.xls"

Best regards,

Carlos

I tried this on 4.x and */~$*.xlsx does not ignore the file, but */~*.xlsx does, it's only when I add the $ that the filter stops working so that's why I assumed it was thinking that $ preceded a variable name.

Were you able to get the rules you mentioned above to work (the first one in particular)?

I´ve been performing some tests and:

*/~$*.xlsx    "~$testfile.xlsx" file  is ignored.

*/~*.xlsx   "~$testfile.xlsx"  and  "~testfile.xlsx"  file  are ignored.

*/$*.xlsx   "$testfile.xlsx" is ignored.

Can you check also if your global ignored.conf file has some rules overwriting your local rules (C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\ignore.conf) . Your local ignore.conf file is in your local workspace.

In case you can´t make these rules work, are you avalaible for a netmeeting to check what´s happening?

Regards,

Carlos

Archived