Exclusive Checkout & lockserver

CrimsonDragon

I'm currently evaluating PlasticSCM4.1.10.397 for Unity3D 3.5.7 on Mac OS X 10.8. I want to exclusively checkout Unity's scene files (*.unity) because they can't be merged (binary files). Therefore I configured my lock.conf the following way:

rep:myrepo lockserver:my.domain.com:8084
*.unity

After saving lock.conf the plasticd was restarted. But I always get "connection refused to my.domain.com:8084". What is going wrong? How can I check that my lockserver is running and reachable?

Hi, 

It seems that the problem is restarting the server. Can you check plastic server is running (ps- fA | grep plastic).

You can also open a Terminal and go to plastic server folder (Applications/plasticscm/server) and type:

"sudo plasticsd status" to check if server is running, and in case it´s not "sudo plasticsd start".

In case server is on a different machine, can you ping server machine?

Best regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your fast reply. I already tried restarting plasticd, but no change. The server machine is reachable, I can open a telnet connection to port 8087. But port 8084 is refused, even if I try it with localhost on the same machine. How can I track that the lock.conf starts the lockserver on port 8084? Do I have to configure anything else that the lock.conf in the server directory is used?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Hi all,

I think we are mixing things. First we need to check if the server is starting and answering requests, next we can try to enable the lock system.

CrimsonDragon, how many servers are you using? If the answer is one, please type "lockserver:localhost:8084" instead of "lockserver:my.domain.com:8084".

Next, double check you are using the 8084 port, the 8084 was the default one in Plastic SCM 3, but, for Plastic SCM 4 the default server port is 8087.

Thanks! After changing lock.conf to port 8087, I can now exclusively checkout Unity's scene files. Great feature! I took port 8084 somewhere from the PlasticSCM forums/docs. I thought there is a separate locking server process on a new port...

Is there a possibility to display which files are exclusively locked by other users in the PlasticSCM client? Currently it seems to be only shown if you checkout a already checked out file, because then a message box appears with the locking user.

Thanks! After changing lock.conf to port 8087, I can now exclusively checkout Unity's scene files. Great feature! I took port 8084 somewhere from the PlasticSCM forums/docs. I thought there is a separate locking server process on a new port...

Cool!

Is there a possibility to display which files are exclusively locked by other users in the PlasticSCM client? Currently it seems to be only shown if you checkout a already checked out file, because then a message box appears with the locking user.

Yes, you need the "cm listlocks" command :)

Archived