All Files Are Changed and Cannot Be Checked In

Walter

I have been using a community version for my local repository and syncing with my customer's enterprise version of Plastic SCM.

This morning all 1125 files in my repository are marked as changed and I cannot do anything to check them in. No error appears, but they cannot be checked in and the changes cannot be discarded.

I have already tried:

- restarting PlasticSCM server

- rebooting the machine

- uninstalling and reinstalling PlasticSCM

- creating a new branch and switching to that branch

- shelving changes and checking out an older changeset

The one change I made over the weekend was to upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8.3.

Any ideas? At this point I am totally stuck since I cannot move forward or backwards on the project.

Walter

Hello Walter,

Open the GUI, inside the preferences click in "Other options".

First give a try enabling the "Compare file contents instead of timestamps when determining "Changed" status", then refresh the pending changes view.

If it doesn't help enable the "Enable shared workspaces support (Samba/WinShare), save the preferences and close the GUI. Backup your workspace content and using terminal or finder delete the .plastic\plastic.wktree and .\plastic\plastic.changes if you have any.

Then execute a "cm update" command or open the GUI and right click the root item -> Update.

Tell me if the items are downloaded and the status is only controlled.

In our documentation ( http://www.plasticscm.com/releases/4.1/manuals-html/en/guiguide.htm#_Toc340551766 ), we explain a bit more this option.

Compare files contents instead timestamps when determining “Changed” status:

Controls how Plastic SCM determines whether a source-controlled file has Changed status. When this option is not set, Plastic SCM uses the timestamps of the files. When the option is set, the content of the files that have a changed timestamp is hashed to see if has really changed. The latter option is slower but completely accurate, while the first is faster but may mark a file as changed when it actually is not.

I think in your case, for some reason, your files timestamp was changed, and Plastic detected the files as changed.

Best regards,

Carlos

Archived