Merging trouble on the same branch

nikhilhs

I'm using Plastic with two people for the first time, and my partner has edited some files.  When I attempt to update my local copy with his changes, it won't let me because I've made changes to it.  What do I need to do to have it pull up a merge window in this scenario?

Thank you.

-Nick

Hi,

If you are working in the same branch, when you commit your changes to the repository, a window will appear telling you that new changes have been performed, and if necessary asking you to merge your code with your colleague´s commits.

Regards,

Carlos

Sure, you can run a merge operation whenever you want, the changes will remain in checkout until you commit them.

Look, if you are working on the same branch I do recommend you to take a look into the Pending changes view, it will inform you if your coworker has committed new changes to the branch:

post-112-0-07157000-1376648674_thumb.png

If you click the "View new changes" button 2 actions can be issued:

• An update operation -> Executed if your changes ARE NOT colliding with the ones of your coworker.
  • A merge operation ->Executed if your changes ARE colliding with the ones of your coworker.

Of course for both operations your changes will remain in your workspace. Then you can commit or continue working.

Archived