Trigger to create Code Review

pab233

Hi All,

Newbie here so please forgive me if this question has been asked before or I am just missing something simple.

Anyway, I have 2 questions :

1. Are triggers associated with individual repositories or the server as a whole?  The reason I ask is that I have several repositories but currently want a trigger to only affect one of them.

2. I want to create a code review whenever a change set is checked in.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do trigger-wise to make this happen.

Thank you

Hi,

1. Server side triggers affect to all the server repositories. Maybe in your scenario it´s better if you configure a client side trigger. This way, the trigger will only affects your client.

2. You need an "after-check-in" (server side)  or "after-clientcheckin" (client side) trigger . The trigger can be any script you develop. In this script you can add Plastic commands or what you want. See an example (http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2012/01/cmdrunner-power.html) . In this blog post, we explain how to use scripts using Plastic command line.

I´m afraid that it´s not possible to create a code review using Plastic command line.  But you can use "cm find" to check code reviews information:

eg: cm find review

eg2: cm find reviewcomment

You can check all the available possibilities using "cm showfindobjects"

Another possibility is to show a message after performing a checkin asking the user to create a code review ("cm find review" command could be helpful to decide when to show this information to the user)

Regards,

Carlos

Archived