Plastic, JIRA and Bamboo - integrated but need some advice

bmouthrob

Hey all

Now I'm aware this may not be strictly a Plastic question but I thought I'd pose it here to see if anyone knew of the answer!

As a background:

We are following the Main -> Sprint -> Story branch pattern in our plastic repository.

We have 2 builds set up on Bamboo - 1 nightly running from 'Sprint' and 1 release running from 'Main'

We add the JIRA story as the beginning of the comment when commiting from a story to a sprint branch.

This all works very well EXCEPT....

In JIRA / BAMBOO in the nightly build (building from the 'sprint' branch) we see the associated comments, which is good! BUT when we then merge the sprint back to the main branch to perform a release build all of the associated JIRA stories are lost and it appears no stories are associated with that build.

I understand why this is happening (there is no mention of the stories in the comment when committing from 'sprint' -> 'main').

I guess as general guidance, is there any way to either:

1. automate this so that any stories that have been committed to the sprint branch are collated and pushed up to the main branch.

2. Failing that, as a manual process record multiple stories when committing back to main?

Thanks in advance!

Rob.

Hi,

The thing is, if you manually add the JIRA story as the beginning of the comment when commiting from a story to a sprint branch, why don´t you do the same when committing from 'sprint' -> 'main' ??

At Properties --> comments, you can set a custom "auto-text"" comment, but not sure if it´s helpful in your scenario.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived