No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8087

DawidBujak

Hello,

unfortunately I am having troubles with Plastic SCM cloud since day one. When I open client GUI whatewer I do error appears:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8087

As far as I understand the problem, plastic cloud works with two servers. There is local server and there is cloud server. It looks like local server cannot start for some reason. I've tried to start it manually by going to ProcessManager->Services and starting "Plastic Server 5" service. It starts but then it stopps immediately.

My OS is Windows 10 Pro. There are no logs under C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server that I can attach.

cheers,

Dawid

Hello,

my problem is exactly the same as in pointed thread. My local server is not starting automatically. How can I start it manually?

When I go to TaskManager->Services and start "PlasticServer5" service it starts but immediately stops so I presume this is not the proper way to start it.

cheers

• Like 1

Ummm David that's weird.

You mentioned you are not having any log file, right? Can you check it again? Look, there's a way to launch the server in console mode, you'll need to do the following:

1) Open a command line tool as admin.

2) Run: 

cd "\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server"

plasticd.exe --console

Please keep the command line runnning and check if you can open Plastic without errors. Log should be generated.

• 1 year later...

I am having the exact same problem.  I was using a personal license to access boith my local and cloud storage.  My personal license expired so I switched to the cloud client and now I have m,ultipel local issues:

(1)  The server does not start automaticly but can be started from the Windows services window

(2) Once started it refuses ALL connections even a cm licenseinfo returns the message "No connection could be made because the target actively refuses it."   Disabling my firewall does not help.

http://localhost:7178 replies that it could not connect as well

Im wondering if the server is still trying to use my outdated personal key and if so, how do I change it to work locally with my cloud subscription?

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I think I might be facing the same issue, though I'm not sure since I'm new to plastic. The problem is that I'm unable to create a sync view of an existing cloud repository in local. When I create a sync view, it doesn't choose local as the source but another cloud. The cloud server is working fine, but for the local, it might not be establishing the connection. Also, when I go to preferences->User Profile and select local under Server dropdown, it displays "Cannot retrieve the profile from local. Details: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:7179 (127.0.0.1:7179)". Kindly help me resolve this issue.

Thank You!

Issue.jpg

image.jpeg