Important questions about plastic cloud.

demoid

Hello,

As per the plastic cloud pricing plans, a 5GB storage space is included when a user signs up for a plan. I have the following questions:

(a) How do i know how much cloud storage space is currently being used out of the total available space?

(b) Once a repository of size (e.g. 1GB) is pushed to the cloud, and it's locally deleted afterwards from the plastic cloud GUI, is there a way to delete the repo from the cloud as well, since that 1GB will be being utilized by the cloud which is a total waste of 1GB memory space out of the total space available.

(c) Plastic cloud edition dashboard shows "usage" for the upload/download. What is the significance of such statistics? How would it be useful and does it have any impact on the storage space available on the plastic cloud?

Thank you for the answers.

Regards

Hello Demoid,

let me answer your questions.

18 minutes ago, demoid said:

(a) How do i know how much cloud storage space is currently being used out of the total available space?

You can access to your organization usage by clicking the "View usage" button of the cloud.plasticscm.com web portal.

19 minutes ago, demoid said:

(b) Once a repository of size (e.g. 1GB) is pushed to the cloud, and it's locally deleted afterwards from the plastic cloud GUI, is there a way to delete the repo from the cloud as well, since that 1GB will be being utilized by the cloud which is a total waste of 1GB memory space out of the total space available.

Right now the space is not freed but it will be in the future, we'll be implementing that in the near future.

41 minutes ago, demoid said:

(c) Plastic cloud edition dashboard shows "usage" for the upload/download. What is the significance of such statistics? How would it be useful and does it have any impact on the storage space available on the plastic cloud?

We are not charging you for that, it's only an informative message.

3 minutes ago, manu said:

Right now the space is not freed but it will be in the future, we'll be implementing that in the near future.

Well, that is truly a bummer. I have a repository as big as 80GB. I'm scared to push it on the cloud now, since I might get charged if I happen to accidentally push another copy of the repo to the cloud without being allowed to destroy what's already pushed on the cloud.

Any ETA on this feature? also, would it be too much to ask to request someone to destroy what's on the cloud incase something like this happens, or is it not possible whatsoever?

Thanks.

Archived