Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

I am getting the following error trying to pull m,y repository back from the cloud after a reinstall of Windows and the plastic client:

The sync process was unable to replicate the following branch:

Branch: /main
Operation: Pull
Source repository: HidSharp@worldwizards@cloud
Destination repository: HidSharp@local

Error description: 
Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

Hello Jeff,

Please review that you have the encryption properly configured, I think the password might be wrong (this error message is related to a misconfiguration with the encryption or a wrong password).

You can check detailed information about how encryption works in Plastic Cloud in the next link: 
https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cloud/plastic-scm-version-control-cloud-guide.shtml#EncryptalldatagoingtoPlasticCloud

For a clean restart please first close the Plastic SCM GUI and remove the files below, then open the Plastic SCM GUI and try again the replications operation, make sure you use the right password when the client asks for it.

c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\cryptedservers.conf 
c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\cryptedservers.conf

c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\*.key
c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\*.key

Tell me if it helps.

This doesn't work 100% of the time. It seems to work best when creating a sync view.

What's really horrible is that people have been able to upload to the server with the wrong server password (or no server password). This throws everything off. And, since we can't delete individual change sets from the cloud, this creates a significant problem. We've just started our evaluation of this product and have had to completely reset repositories because of this.

I'm a bit baffled as to how we are expected to take care of this on our end. I really think the software itself should not allow the submission if the wrong password is provided. Furthermore, there's no method to change the password in the GUI? So one typo and we're out scouring for configuration files to delete. This seems unnecessarily cumbersome.

This process is a big disappointment in our evaluation of this product.

Hi all!

we connected with Jeff to check this issue. We couldn't reproduce but Jeff is going to try to record it so we can fix it. Now it's working fine for him.

If anyone is facing this same issue first close the GUI, then remove the following files:

c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\*.key
c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\cryptedservers.conf

c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\*.key
c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\cryptedservers.conf 

C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_HERE>\AppData\Local\plastic4\*.key
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_HERE>\AppData\Local\plastic4\cryptedservers.conf

And try again. If it keeps failing please contact us.

Archived