Cannot Authenticate/Connect on new Installation

I have setup a new computer to use for lightmapping which needs an additional access on my already running server. I have a new ryzen pc setup with windows 10 pro. i installed unity, plasticscm (client only), avast antivirus and thats pretty much it. now i am completely unable to connect to the server from this new pc. all other computers can still connect. when i try to connect with the plastic scm configuration utility it just blocks as if the network connection does not work, the same happens with any tool that tries to connect (plastic scm itself and clconfigureclient). i have disabled the firewall, and the antivirus without any success. i have enabled firewall logging without any output of denied connections.

without really knowing, i would guess it's somehow unable to initiate network connections. is there any additional library needed for plastic scm to run on windows 10 (1703)? .net is installed.

thanks

Hello,

The Plastic SCM client only need the .NET 4.5.1 framework to run.

It sound like a networking problem, the os, the firewall or the antivirus might be blocking the outgoing or incoming traffic.

can you try something like nmap? If the server is listening on the port nmap should tell you the port is open, you can actually try it first on a PC without connectivity issues.

nmap -A 192.168.1.50/32 -p 8087

Starting Nmap 7.50 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-06-30 16:20 Romance Daylight Time
Nmap scan report for desktop-3mi0eam.codicefactory.com (192.168.1.50)
Host is up (0.0022s latency).

PORT     STATE SERVICE        VERSION

8087/tcp open  simplifymedia?

Hi Manu, thanks for your suggestion.

This is the output of the nmap scan:

Starting Nmap 7.50 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-06-30 18:05 Mitteleuropõische Sommerzeit
Nmap scan report for mini-home.fritz.box (192.168.178.43)
Host is up (0.0024s latency).

PORT     STATE SERVICE        VERSION
8087/tcp open  simplifymedia?
MAC Address: 3C:07:54:66:E4:00 (Apple)
Warning: OSScan results may be unreliable because we could not find at least 1 open and 1 closed port
OS details: Apple Mac OS X 10.7.0 (Lion) - 10.12 (Sierra) or iOS 4.1 - 9.3.3 (Darwin 10.0.0 - 16.1.0)
Network Distance: 1 hop

TRACEROUTE
HOP RTT     ADDRESS
1   2.41 ms mini-home.fritz.box (192.168.178.43)

OS and Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at https://nmap.org/submit/ .
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 156.72 second

it does appear to be open if i read it correctly. however it takes much longer to probe port 8087 (about 2min) then port 80 (about 10s) on the same server which is a bit curious in my opinion. But it's the same from all computers (the working ones). I am still without any clue why i cannot connect.

Thank you

I have reinstalled the whole computer again, but this time i only installed chrome remote desktop and plastic scm. Unfortunately it still does not work.

I checked the connection between the computers. I can ping each other and nmap scan tells me the connection is open (see above post).

I updated the server (osx) to the newest version...

-> now it runs. it seems as it had some problem connecting for a 6.0 client to the 5.4 server on osx. i hope it stays like this...

Archived