Cloud and Local Server running simultaneously

Hi,

I've been running Plastic SCM locally for awhile now and all has been good.  I've just joined a new project and we are setting up Plastic to use the Cloud Edition.  I want to use the Cloud version of the GUI so I can push to the new repo but it looks like I can no longer access my local server?  Can you run both simultaneously?  When I try to install both editions of the GUI it looks like it requires an overwrite?

Thanks! Jake

You don't really need to reinstall your software to use Cloud. It is just like a normal server to push/pull.

If you want to, you can install Cloud Edition locally, and yes, then you'll normally overwrite.

The difference between a "normal" Team Edition and a Cloud Edition, from the configuration point of view is:

* Cloud Edition installs a Client and Server locally. No questions asked. The server *only* attends local requests (it is just a way to handle local repos).

* Team Edition lets you choose: you have the option NOT to install a server locally. And if you do install, this server can serve any requests (if firewall permits).

So: you are fine keeping your installation, and you are also find replacing it :-)

Hey, thanks for the help!

Hmmm, ok then I should all be good to go.  However, when I try to check my pending changes for my local server I get:

cdfbe6b7f1f36f4424bd93f3dd9e387f.png

If I check my services I can see that Plastic Server 6 is running.  It looks like I've lost my Server Configuration Tool I was used to having before I installed the Cloud Edition of the GUI.

Thanks! Jake

@jakeslack27 (guessing "192.168.1.136" is your machine...)

I think you are now using the cloud edition, right? The Plastic SCM server is not longer listening on "localhost:8087", it's now listening on just "local". ou should reconfigure your client and also target "local" from your already existing workspaces.

Archived