bpivaty

Hi @bpivaty, can you please send us the /home/codice/.plastic4/gtkplastic.log.txt log file? It will hopefully give us more info about the issue.

I tested the same Ubuntu release and I can't reproduce it :(

Can you tell me if it happens for all your workspaces? And the same for all the repositories? Please if you don't have more create a dummy one.

HI,

Could you edit the "/opt/plasticscm5/client/gtkplastic.log.conf"  to DEBUG mode, then restart gtkplastic and finally perform the operation again? (let us know the aprox time to review it in the log)

Also review that the date filter is showing all the data. Sometimes it doesn't appear due filtering reasons.

Regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

I will do that when I am back home in a couple of hours.

In the meantime, I use the following solution:

plastic scm server on Linux, and the client is running as a Windows 7 virtual box  guess.

The  reason is even if we fix the GTK plastic GUI issue, the functionalities that is provided is so limited vs the windows version.

I am command line addicted engineer, but the branch explorer and other features on the windows GUI are very valuable.

So I would like to fix this issue with GTK but I think I will keep working with that solution for the moment.

I also want to  make a demo at work which is another good reason.

Thank you for your help.

Bertrand

Can you send us an updated log dump?

On 10/18/2017 at 4:58 PM, bpivaty said:

The  reason is even if we fix the GTK plastic GUI issue, the functionalities that is provided is so limited vs the windows version

What do you miss from the Windows version?

Attributes, shelves, 

Reviews & Statistics,

Repositories and workspace list

All this feature are not in the gtkplatic GUI, or not directly.

I am working on a presentation to my colleagues. We are using clearcase since more than 15 years.

The GUI for Linux actually provides more features than the windows version, like renaming a branch ...

By the way I understood that the is no selector anymore, it is replaced by. But i can still do cm setselector. 

Thanks!

Attributes: Pending to be added. 

Shelves: Already there! You can shelve and apply shelves! :) 

Reviews: Yep, BTW, we'll improve the WebUI code review system soon.

Stats: Do you really use them in Windows? Serious question.

Repositories and Workspace list: It's there too! The switcher will contain both.

I think all the top features are already there but of course we'll keep adding more and more. The latest one is the browse changeset feature.

Regarding the BranchExplorer issue. Can you run "gtkplastic" from the terminal? Tell me if it dumps errors, for example:

codice@ubuntu:~$ gtkplastic 

(gtkplastic:2813): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new: assertion 'bits_per_sample == 8' failed

(gtkplastic:2813): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_container_remove: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Archived