Trigger not fired by Gluon or SCM GUI clients

I created a simple python trigger using before-clientcheckin and I have it always sys.exit(1).

This rejects all checkins on the command line properly, but does not work to reject any checkins using Plastic Gluon or Plastic SCM.

Reproduction Steps

• cm maketrigger before-clientcheckin "test" "python @WKSPACE_PATH\test.py" --filter=rep:testLab,*
  • touch foo
  • cm add foo
  • cm checkin .

Result: It fails as expected with, The trigger before-clientcheckin [test] failed

Now when you go and do this from Gluon or SCM it will let you checkin anything. I'm on version 6.0.16.1486

Hello,

I'm able to reproduce the issue with the client side triggers in Gluon workspaces. With a server side trigger like "before-checkin" it's properly working, but I'm afraid that the client side trigers are not currently supported in a Gluon workspace. 

But I can make it work from a regular workspace (not Gluon) doesn't matter if I use the commands line or the regular GUI.

Regards,

Carlos.

We're going to go with a server trigger but we want to help fill the gaps plastic has by reporting these issues since we're a fairly large studio and a large company.

Also as a side ramble... i'm really surprised that triggers exist in the context of a server and not a repository. I thought triggers would be something committed to the repository. I added a trigger while in a repo, and anyone on any repo on that server couldn't checkin, Hah. It was fixed once I added a filter. We need to set up tools now for our devops to configure and install triggers on repos though because of how it's set up... which isn't a huge problem.

Hi @NullSoldier,

as you said, you can configure triggers based on repositories using the filter, that't why we added it, in order to apply the trigger to only a group of repositories and not affect everyone.

15 hours ago, NullSoldier said:

We're going to go with a server trigger but we want to help fill the gaps plastic has by reporting these issues since we're a fairly large studio and a large company.

Sure! Thank you for reporting it.

Archived