Some files don't update

Adam

Hi, Gluon noob here. Occasionally when passing files around one won't download when updating workspace. We have to go to configure - the file is checked, but green - then hit apply and the file downloads. The parent folder is completely checked so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Adam

greenFile01.png

The Gluon interface is so lean I'm not even sure where to find the version info :/

But the situation was that an artist I was working with created a new file and checked it in. I hit 'update workspace' on my machine but the file didn't show up. So I went to 'configure', navigated to the folder and saw the file as shown in the image attached to my original post, green checkmark and text. Without changing anything, I hit 'apply' and the file downloaded.

This doesn't happen very often and I haven't been able to determine what we're doing differently on the occasions when it does occur. So I assumed the green highlight meant something, but wasn't able to find anything specific in the documentation.

Hi,

- You can open a console and run "cm version".

- Is the parent folder fully checked or the whole workspace content fully checked?

- The next time it happens, it would be great to focus on the unchecked file and review the last changes: if it was moved by your coworker, renamed...

- I guess you are not using this workspace with the regular Plastic GUI, right?

- There is a command line option that you may find useful to know:

[New]
Gluon UI: The option '--restorefulldirs' was added to the 'partial configure' command. This option allows resetting the directory configuration in partial workspaces.

Check 'cm partial configure --help' for more info.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 4 years later...

Hi! It was a clean new Gluon workspace to a new folder, off an existing Cloud repository I was previously using with Plastic on the same machine.

Basically, I'm working on a Plastic project and wanted to "simulate" what my artists would be seeing on their machine when they installed Gluon, so I created a separate Gluon workspace/folder.

My setup is on a fresh machine so it should be easy to replicate, although haven't had time to try this on a different machine.

I hope this helps!

Francois

Mmm, maybe this is different in Gluon, in Plastic I just create a new workspace and "update workspace" to the latest version. If that's what you are saying, I did not realize in Gluon you had to specify files every time when starting a new workspace.

In addition, it looks like in Gluon there is no way to tell which change set you are on? I guess you are always set to the latest on the branch you are on? Apologies for the noob Gluon questions! 

(do check out my question on "New changes available" not updating on certain actions, that one is legit I'm sure) :) 

Cheers,

Francois

36 minutes ago, Francois Bertrand said:

Mmm, maybe this is different in Gluon, in Plastic I just create a new workspace and "update workspace" to the latest version. If that's what you are saying, I did not realize in Gluon you had to specify files every time when starting a new workspace.

Yes, please check the following guide: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gluon/plastic-scm-version-control-gluon-guide#ConfiguringGluon

36 minutes ago, Francois Bertrand said:

In addition, it looks like in Gluon there is no way to tell which change set you are on? I guess you are always set to the latest on the branch you are on? Apologies for the noob Gluon questions! 

In Gluon, the workspace selector is not pointing to any changeset. You could update a file to the latest version where some other files are out of date. You can update everything to the last or just the selected file.

38 minutes ago, Francois Bertrand said:

(do check out my question on "New changes available" not updating on certain actions, that one is legit I'm sure) :) 

Could you clarify the details?

7 hours ago, Francois Bertrand said:

(do check out my question on "New changes available" not updating on certain actions, that one is legit I'm sure) :) 

Could you clarify the details?

Oh I was referring to this thread I posted recently. We got the issue in Gluon but I'm not sure if it's in Plastic also.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...