Cannot see BranchExplorer from any of my views

Lukáš Dobyvatel

Hi Lukas!

I think something is wrong with your configuration files :S

Please try removing from your HD the files (or backup them), before removing them close the GUI:

branchexplorer.cfg

hidden_branches.conf

replicationsourcesinfo.conf

Then try to open the GUI & the branch explorer.

• 6 months later...

I got the same "Input string was not in a correct format" error just now, and I think I was able to pinpoint the problem. My 'branchexplorer.cfg' had this line:

display.properties.zoom=0.9

When I changed it to

display.properties.zoom=0,9

The error went away.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Late to the party.. but I just ran into this same error message and cause on Plastic SCM 5.4.16.782. I installed Windows 10 with Dutch locals. Then used Plastic SCM with no issues. Until I change the comma decimal symbol to a dot. The comma is default for Dutch but since all the software I use is English and I do some coding/math I'm used to the dot as a decimal symbol. Changing the value in branchexplorer.cfg fixed the issue. Thanks for that information!

This error causes several tabs to be invisible with no way to fix or change anything in the GUI. I couldn't find a related fix in the release notes from the version I use up to the current release. If this inconsistency is found in cfg files, could it be either converted or set to a default value instead of breaking the GUI? :)

Cheer, Willem

Archived