Meta files in Library/PackageCache will not ignore

yoonjoonso

I've included Library in my ignore.conf.

It correctly ignores every file in my Library folder, except for the .meta files that are in Library/PackageCache.

I've even added these meta files by name in ignore.conf, but it refuses to be ignored, and stays private.

For example, Library/PackageCache/CHANGELOG.md.meta will not be ignored even if I add Library, Library/PackageCache, *.meta, CHANGELOG.md.meta, etc. to my ignore.conf.

The Library/PackageCache/CHANGELOG.md itself is properly ignored.

There's nothing in my ignore.conf that would leave out .meta files.image.png.1e4209f8451f7d887dd76db89e7287e7.png

Hi,

- If you right-click the file and select "Add to ignore list" and refresh the view, isn't it marked as ignored?

- Could you attach your "ignore.conf"? (Check in your local workspace and also in your user folder: "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\ignore.conf")

- Do you have a "plastic-global-config" repo that may be overwriting some rules?

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide#Globalfileconfiguration

Regards,

Carlos.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:59 AM, calbzam said:

Hi,

- If you right-click the file and select "Add to ignore list" and refresh the view, isn't it marked as ignored?

- Could you attach your "ignore.conf"? (Check in your local workspace and also in your user folder: "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\ignore.conf")

- Do you have a "plastic-global-config" repo that may be overwriting some rules?

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide#Globalfileconfiguration

Regards,

Carlos.

Thanks, it was the plastic-global-config. That had a ignore.conf that included !.*,meta, which overrode my own ignore.conf files.

I also had to restart the client to see the changes.

Solved.

• 2 years later...

I ran into this and figured out that the reason why my Library and Logs folders were being tracked was because there wasn't an ignore.conf file present in the workspace when I made my initial check in. So those folders started being tracked back then. I resolved the situation by doing the following:

1. Make a new branch

2. Temporarily move Libarary and Logs folders out of workspace (e.g. onto desktop)
3. Check in changes (Deleted Libarary and Logs folders)
4. Add those folders back to the project where they were
5. Plastic should now no longer be tracking Library and Logs and so won't show up on Pending Changes.

6. Go into unity and make a small change so that the update can be checked in
7. Merge this last check in back to the branch source. Now Library and Logs should no longer be tracked

Alternatively... If you want to make sure you're not tracking any other undesired files and your project isn't too large, you can repeat the above but instead remove the whole project, check in the change (deleted project), then re add the project and check in/merge it back up.

Lastly, if anyone is looking for an ignore file, here's the "definitive" one offered by plastic

• Like 1