TFS GIT Sync Issues

I am using Plastic SCM v 5.0.44.522 to sync with a TFS git repository. 

1. Each time I push local changes to the git repo I receive the error "Input string was not in a correct format" (See attached screenshot).  But the changes appear to all be pushed to the TFS repo correctly.
    post-27879-0-34870000-1391022899_thumb.png

2. When I review the TFS repo history, I can see changes pushed by Plastic. However the name and email do not align with my name and email. Is it possible to change this somehow in Plastic SCM (see attached screen shot)?
    post-27879-0-46657500-1391023320_thumb.png

Hi!

The first issue is already fixed but needs to be released, keep tuned to incoming releases.

The second one, you can use the "gitsync.conf" file to create a mapping between your Plastic SCM user and the email, for example:

[email-mapping]
    asalim = asalim@mymailprovider.com
    ubuntu = ubuntu@linuxprovider.com

Regards!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm getting the same error "Input string was not in a correct format" when trying to use GitSync with Visual Studio Online's Git repositories. It seems, however, that all the files are pushed correctly to their repository.

Is this something I need to be concerned about? Has the fix mentioned above been released yet?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was using the main download on the Plastic SCM downloads page a day or two ago. I tried using the latest version in the lab 5.4.13.584, but now I get this error:

"Exception of type 'LibGit2Sharp.RepositoryNotFoundException' was thrown."

I followed the instructions to enable the log file, but no log is being generated. I tried putting the sample configuration file for the GUI Client logging in the client directory, and started Plastic SCM and ran GitSync, but I'm not seeing a plastic.log.text in the client directory. Am I supposed to alter the sample configuration file?

Hi,

Yes, I'm getting the same "Input string was not in a correct format" while trying to sync the Spoon-Knife repository with a new repository in Visual Studio Online. When I try to sync the same branch (with no alterations) a second time, the error is not there.

Can you guys create a free account on Visual Studio Online, create a new repository on there, and try syncing?

Also, how do I get Plastic to remember the Remote repository settings so that I don't have to enter it and my username and password each time when using GitSync? It's always blank every time.

Thanks.

Here's the process I took using Windows 8.1 and the latest "Albuquerque" build.

I create a "Test" workspace that points to D:\Downloads\Spoon-Knife-master folder (I downloaded the .zip version and unzipped it to this folder) and is associated with a "Test" repository locally. I create an empty new "Test" Git repository in Visual Studio Online.

Before doing any checkins, I choose "Sync with Git" on the main branch and fill in my VSOnline repository details. It successfully completes without any errors.

I add the Spoon-Knife-master directory tree to source control (which means 3 files, index.html, README.md, and styles.css). I type "Initial checkin." and click "Checkin".

I choose "Sync with Git" and it completes but with the popup error - "Input string was not in a correct format".

If I "Sync with Git" again without checking in anything, it completes without any errors.

If I do a simple rename of one the files (for example index.html to indexa.html, type in a checkin comment and checkin, and then sync, the same error comes up after finishing.

If I rename the file, don't type in a comment, and checkin, sync, then the error comes up.

I just tried syncing a larger 300MB repository (from a Unity project) to a new repository. It completes to 100% and throws this error:

"There was a problem unpacking: error The object (long string of characters here) is being referenced but does not exist."

• 4 months later...

Hi! Does it happen with all the repositories? Test this one for example: https://github.com/octocat/Spoon-Knife.git

What if this doesn't happen with all repositories, only one? I have one repo on github that I've been git-syncing with for months, but all of a sudden it just fails at connecting. I've received that "libgit2sharp.repositorynotfoundexception" only once, and all other times I get the generic "An error occurred processing your request." I have another repo that still works just fine, and I tested out the Spoon-Knife repo as well with positive results. I've had trouble enabling client debugging, so I'm unsure if this is a github or plastic error. Running 5.4.16.621 - Naucalpan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi!

it seems like an issue on the github site :S

The operation keeps failing If you retry it?

Is it a private or public repository?

If you give us access we can try to force the issue and debug it.

yes, it continues to fail.

is a private repository

Access can not give, I deleted the repository
and recreate it lost all the save Storey

this occurs for the second time.

If it happens again, I will look for another version control system.

Hi,

yes, it continues to fail.

is a private repository

Access can not give, I deleted the repository
and recreate it lost all the save Storey

this occurs for the second time.

I understand you can't give access, no problem.

I've just tested a bigger upload to github and worked fine for me. Win10/5.4.16.700

Also using https as you are doing.

If it happens again, I will look for another version control system.

That's a pity since I'm not 100% sure if Plastic SCM is failing, it seems more to be an issue on the GitHub side.

By the way, if you want to evaluate Plastic and use a cloud repository I do recommend you to try the Plastic SCM cloud. it's still a closed beta but works great and supports private encrypted repositories.

Archived