Selector Can't Locate A Revision For The Item...

spectre1989

Hi there,

I've been cleaning up our project extensively today (lots of renaming and/or moving files around), and now that I try to commit I'm getting the message "Selector can't locate a revision for the item [path_to_file]". I can't figure out how to get plastic to accept the commit, any ideas?

Cheers

Joe 

Hi, yes, that's not normal.

Would it be possible to dump the directory tree you were trying to add and send it to me? mlucio at codicesoftware dot com 

I'll recreate the structure to reproduce the issue, I also need the Plastic SCM version.

• 5 years later...

I also ran into this problem just now -

I had a single repository with a child XLink.

I was moving some files into/out of the xlink from the main project. But while I did that, I also moved a file from within the xlink to another folder in the xlink -- and deleted the origin directory of that file. In total there were only around 30 files being moved.

After reading this thread, I was able to successfully check in all but the problem file. That worked.

That left my "pending changes" workspace left with simply the moved file - and the deleted folder. I tried checking that in - and it worked fine.

• 1 year later...