Locked out of our Plastic

tethysinteractive

Greetings,

We are a relatively new customer evaluating Plastic SCM and are Unity developers. We have used the system for about 3 months now and ran into such a strange issue. I wanted to remove a users permissions this weekend. In the process it somehow completely locked me out of my Plastic - as well as all other users. So now in my Plastic client program on my desktop, I can no longer see repo's (same with my other developers - no read access). 

I logged into my server back end with remote desktop and checked out the user configuration tool and the admin tool. On the Admin tool it says Administrators: - and then nothing - its blank. In users is lists our 3 users but doesn't allow me to set any permissions. I created a new group Administrators (only had one folder called groups and it was empty) and added myself to it but it didn't seem to change or do anything. So, because I selected one user, on the front end with Plastic and tried to remove their permissions, it seemingly removed all permissions for all users and now we cannot see nor access our repo's. How can we restore our permissions and re-gain access to this stuff? I have seen this issue posted multiple times but thought we were supposed to start a new thread if needing help, as the answer usually is not posted. Thanks for your time and I hope we can get this sorted in a timely manner.

Hi!

The users and groups tool is not aware of permissions, only accounts.

Can you please try the following command and tell me if it works?

cm setowner -user=[YourUserName] repserver:[YourServerIP]:8087

[YourUserName] -> you can get it using the "cm whoami" command.

[YourServerIP] -> Your server IP or server name.

If the command work you'll be able to login into the server and reconfigure the permissions.

We always recommend to change the "Owner" user of the repository server due to it's considered internally as the system root account.

Archived