Configuring Unity to use the Plastic's diff tool

JEP

I set up Plastic in Unity 2019.4 by going to Project Settings -> Editor -> Version Control and setting the Mode to PlasticSCM. How is this different than installing the package? Should one do both? Which one are you referring to as "the old plugin"?

In any case, mine opens Sourcegear DiffMerge, which we installed before installing Plastic.

Kind of confusing.

I set up Plastic in Unity 2019.4 by going to Project Settings -> Editor -> Version Control and setting the Mode to PlasticSCM. How is this different than installing the package? Should one do both? Which one are you referring to as "the old plugin"?

This is the "old" plugin that is included with Unity since long time ago. But we have recently released a new beta plugin including some additional features. You can install it from the following link (this new beta package should open the Plastic diff view by default😞

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/plastic-scm-plugin-for-unity-beta-169442

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi,

- If you are using the new plugin the diff is run from the "Pending changes" view. This is video explaining the main features. It should be helpful:

- If you are using "Diff agains head" from the project menú you are still using the old plugin (it's not a problem use both at the same time).

Regards,

Carlos.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @JEP,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please provide more details about your issue? Our Unity Plugin should not have any dependency, so it's strange to require a preview version of Text Mesh Pro. We'd like to really understand what is happening, so could you share the details of the error you are getting and some logs to understand what is happening?

You can find the log in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\logs\unityplastic.debug.log.txt

Thank you!

Daniel

Okay, I did it and didn't get the Text Mesh Pro trying to update. I've seen a similar thing before when I imported an asset and Unity tried to have me import totally unrelated assets. I think that's what it did here.

So we got the plugin installed and everything. Then we went to Windows -> Plastic and tried to actually use it to check in a couple of files. Right clicking on one of the files and choosing Diff gave him an error that unfortunately I didn't screenshot. It was similar to "can't find revision information".

Then he clicking on the checkin, and got this:

image.thumb.png.ae4e24b7aad95776c8a7b3aef0786957.png

This doesn't happen on either of the other two developers' machines.

Edit: Crossposted to here: