Merge tool error - UnityYAMLMerge.exe

Nefisto

When we make changes in same scene (any change) and try to merge, plastic had started to say that had some misconfig in merge tools (as image below)

2018_00_25_22.jpg

So, I found this thread in forum that talk about exactly same problem: https://forum.plasticscm.com/topic/20639-unityyamlmergeexe-error-in-merge-tool/

But after follow the solution in thread I started to receive this error:

image.png.2e2dc866f67c0221b9e6ab4cc93a2c06.png

Can someone help me to solve this?

In my client.conf:

<MergeToolData>
  <FileExtensions>.prefab</FileExtensions>
  <Tools>
    <string>"C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.17f1\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"</string>
  </Tools>
</MergeToolData>
<MergeToolData>
  <FileExtensions>.unity</FileExtensions>
  <Tools>
    <string>"C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.17f1\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"</string>
  </Tools>
</MergeToolData>

In merge tool pref:

image.png.c908fd22d86abc471794e3e243771365.png

Hi,

It seems the problem is the Unity merge tool "UnityYAMLMerge.exe" is not able to handle the merge of this .unity file. Not sure if you could use a different external merge tool. 

Otherwise, if you use "binmergetool" (available in the merge tools list), it will allow you to keep any of the contributors during the merge but it wont' allow you to actually merge the file content of the revisions involved in the merge.

Regards,

Carlos.

But how am I supposed to handle this? This error happens when distinct objects are changed in same scene, do I need to create somekind of main scene that only some ppl can change? I rlly don't get it, because in my point of view we don't really have an "merge" in yaml, because the changed parts aren't common.

Anyway, thanks for help

The unity merge tool for scenes should work for most of the scenarios but according to our experience it still has some issues:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/scene-merging.453901/

Hi @barisalhan, Unity is actively looking into ways of making the merge process for scenes and prefabs easier. We know it's a painful process right now and we want to make it easier and more reliable for everyone.

For now, most of our customers are using the lock workflow when modifying binary files (including the Unity scenes).

Regards,

Carlos.