Guest Jack

UnityYAMLMerge.exe - Error in merge tool

Guest Jack

Sometimes we have an error during merge (see attached image)

Here are definition of that merge tool from client.conf

<MergeToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.prefab;.unity</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile" "@output"</string>
        <string>mergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" -m="@mergetype" -re="@resultencoding" --progress="@progress" --extrainfofile="@extrainfofile"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>

I managed to bypass the error by deleting definition for UnityYAMLMerge

2018_00_25_22.jpg

Guest Marc S
On 8/28/2018 at 9:44 AM, calbzam said:

Could you check if the tool is available on this path? 

It's not. unity changed that path with the new Unity Hub. It went from

C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\Data\Tools

To

C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.3.0f2\Editor\Data\Tools

I found the client.conf file in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\plastic4 and edited it with the proper path but still get the same error. 😕

Hi Marc,

From the Plastic GUI --> Preferences, you can configure the external merge tools (eg: UnityYAMLMerge). Plastic just try open the external merge tool based on the configured parameters. You need to be sure the external tool path and required parameters are correct. 

I've found this Unity guide where they explain how to configure UnityYAMLMerge with third party tools (like Plastic SCM):

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SmartMerge.html

Regards,

Carlos.

Guest Guest Marc S

Thanks Calbzam.

I tried but it didn't work.

I'd like to try again but i get the error message telling me a merge is in progress but I had to close that window to access preferences.  How do i open it again?

I managed by reverting my changes (this a just a test). though I still get the same error message. I tried unity's instructions with possible variations (<path to UnityYAMLMerge> merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile" "@output")

"C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.3.0f2\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"

<C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.3.0f2\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe> merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"

<"C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.3.0f2\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe"> merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"

2091028133_2019-02-0614_15_45-PlasticSCM-Pendingchanges(3Items-2checked).png.e8975669525eefd84c5be1b0fa3a7147.png

I checked if the path is wrong but it seems right.

241864258_2019-02-0614_35_02-Tools.png.1f110d1c0241da320482d338f2279350.png

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Guest Marc S

Found it. I had to do it twice for both scene and prefab and not with .prefab;.unity .

1771312101_2019-02-0614_46_25-PlasticSCMpreferences.png.f4439907b52b00f4d97cbf32845bda3a.png

Guest Nicolas M

Hi, I'm working with Marc S 
And I got this error. 
We made the same configuration for the merge tools.

Error merge prefab.jpg

Hi!

Can you share how do you have it configured in the "client.conf" file (by default at "C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Local\plastic4")?

My configuration that works fine is:

<MergeToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.scene</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile" "@output"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.prefab</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile" "@output"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>

Best,
Manu.

Guest Nicolas M

Hi thanks for your reply

My configuration look like this

<MergeToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.prefab</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>"C:\Program Files\Unity 2018.3\2018.3.0f2\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
<MergeToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.unity</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>"C:\Program Files\Unity 2018.3\2018.3.0f2\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityYAMLMerge.exe" merge -p "@basefile" "@sourcefile"  "@destinationfile" "@output"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>

So, i went back home and tried a merge with my other computer and it worked fine.

We also installed a the latest Unity version and linked to a fresh install of UnityYAMLMerge.exe in case the existing one was corrupt but we get the same error. I think Nicolas issue might come from his computer.

If anybody as a suggestion, they are welcome.

Thanks

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.