Can I still self-host the free edition?

mawg

I used PlasticSCM, self-hosted a few years back (in fact, when I say "self-hosted", I may not have used my localhost Apache server; maybe it was just a Windows program or service).

I haven't used it for a few years & would like to start again, for my hobby coding.

Can I still self-host the free edition?

If I have to use the very generous 5gB cloud service, are my files encrypted?

Hi,

You need to set up a cloud organization and install PlasticSCM cloud edition. With each cloud edition installation, a local server is installed, so when it asks you to create a new repo you have to create it under the "local" server. 

The "work distributed" section of the guide is what you want, without pushing the changes and keeping in mind that the name of the server is just "local", not "localhost:8087":

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cloud-edition/plastic-scm-version-control-cloud-edition-guide#WorkdistributedwithPlastic

Best,

Héber.

• Like 1

Setting up a cloud repository, I get an error "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084".

I look and find that the Windows service is not running.

I try to start it an get an error.

I run `cm licenseinfo", there is none.  I plasticd.exe --console and am told  "Plastic SCM server can't work without a license file".

I log on to the web interface, check my licenses and am told  "You don't need a license key to run the Cloud Edition client".

Sorry to be such a nuisance, but how should I proceed?

Hi,

It seems that something went wrong during the installation and the default license was not added. Was this a clean installation, or did you had a previous version of Plastic installed? Can you check if you have a plasticd.lic file under your server binaries folder? ("C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server" by default in Windows).

If you don't, can you uninstall Plastic, remove the "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5" folder, the "C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\plastic4" folder, and reinstall PlasticSCM Cloud Edition?

That should do the trick.

Best,

Héber.

• Like 1