How to Change User Proffiler of the SCM CloudEdition

hello, how can I modify the user and login of my Cloud Edition client on the Mac? I'm new to the Mac.

In the app's preferences, he toldme:  The user profile can only be configured using LDAP or User/Password authentication. 
I don't know what this means. But I understand the reason for not having a simple option for this

Hi,

Thank you for raising this. I believe this should be made easier with a "Use another account" button (or similar) directly in the General Preferences pane. I will make this suggestion to the team.

To change your logged in user when you have used Unity ID login, you will need to close the Plastic SCM client and run macplastic --configure in a terminal window. This should present you with the following window...image.png
(Note: The command on Windows is plastic --configure and Linux is gtkplastic --configure)

Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...

What's even more frustrating is that when I first logged in after installing, it opens up browser and automatically signs you in to a Unity account. As I have two different Unity accounts, it didn't use the one I was already logged into but logged me in automatically with the one not attached to my PlasticSCM account. As it does this automatically I also had to change my default browser to prompt a login to use the correct Unity login details.

Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear of your frustrating experience.

When you click on the Unity ID authentication button, your default browser should have opened. If you are logged into a Unity ID account within that browser session, you will not be asked to enter any credentials and you will be automatically logged into that account.

To make sure it uses the correct Unity ID account, please navigate to id.unity.com in your default browser and sign into your correct account. Once done, you can run plastic --configure from a terminal window and you can reauthenticate your Plastic SCM client.

Hope that helps!

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I also have a problem with not being able to change users, however its a bit different. Its possible to change the user within the preferences and the new user appears in the upper right corner. But it still says (admin) next to the new user name, even though that user doesn't have admin rights, but the previous user did. Also when doing changes in the workspace/checking in it is the previous user which is set as the user who did the changes. So it seems the new user is only logged in on the surface but in reality it is still the previous. 

I have tried to use the command macplastic --configure but it doesn't make any difference.

Is it possible to completely log out and then log in again? The problem occurs on a mac. and the version of Plastic is 11.0.16.6787

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have similar issue, where the user that first logged in had the least privileges and now we need to add privileges to the user, to use plastic on that mac. using 

macplastic --configure

doesn't do anything other change the user name in the interface of plastic scm application, but the privileges are from the first one. 

• 1 month later...