Examples for various permissions?

The branch permissions options are pretty granular and I'm not sure what sort of combinations work for different purposes. Simply guessing got us in a situation where I manually have to go change permissions to a branch before anyone can merge from it after every network sync, which is not fun.

If I want to have a branch that everyone can merge from but only select people can merge to, how should the permission be set?

If I want that some users can only pull and read a branch but not make any changes to it, how should that be done?

Hi,

Not sure if you have checked the security guide where we explain some real scenarios:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/security/plastic-scm-version-control-security-guide

If I want to have a branch that everyone can merge from but only select people can merge to, how should the permission be set?

I'm afraid there are not specific permissiosn for merge-to but just for merge from.

If I want that some users can only pull and read a branch but not make any changes to it, how should that be done?

You can deny the checkin permissions on this branch but allow the rest of the permissions.

Regards,

Carlos.