Failed to upgrade the server from 5.0.44.596 to 5.4.14.597

Hi,

I got the problem installing the new Labs version (5.4.14.597) of Plastic on top of the latest stable build (5.0.44.596). 

When I did that I got the next error:

image.png

I was trying to migrate being on SQL Server CE or SQLite (both embedded), got the same type of error with this, seems to be new, column "imoduleid" being involved.

I haven't discovered this problem before. I mean, I was able to correctly install Labs builds on top of the stable builds... This two new version (5.4.14.*) seems to be the only with the problem.

Maybe I got this wrong, but I thought Plastic should update the database itself if you install it on top. Or is there another, correct way to upgrade the server?

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

when you upgrate the server it's the server itself in charge of upgrading the database. You will find a "upgrade.log.txt" file at the server directory, can you post it to review any error?

How did you upgrade the server? You know you can upgrade from 5.0 to 5.4 but then you can't downgrade to 5.0, right?

Hi,

I'm not sure I know how to upgrade. I just thought that if install new version on top of the current, it will upgrade. That's what I did. I started the new installation. It said that I already have Plastic installed and asked if I want to replace my installation with new. I said yes, as usually. So it uninstalled the previous version first and then install the new one (all setting are kept of course).

"upgrade.log.txt" is empty though... But when I try to launch new Plastic client it shows that error...

Downgrading is not a problem, I made a database backup

Archived