Bamboo 5.6 plugin

mengl

Hi all,

we tried to get the PlasticSCM Bamboo plugin (https://www.plasticscm.com/releases/plugins/4/Bamboo_4/bamboo-40-plasticscm-plugin-4.4.5.jar) running with our Bamboo Server 5.6.1.

We copied the bamboo-40-plasticscm-plugin-4.4.5.jar to bamboo-home/plugins to get it loaded by the Bamboo Plugin Manager. Unfortunatly we are getting the following error:

bamboo-40-plasticscm-plugin-4.4.5.jar

This add-on couldn't be loaded. It has one or more errors that prevent it from being enabled.

No screenshots available
Version: 0.0
Vendor: (unknown)
Add-on key: bamboo-40-plasticscm-plugin-4.4.5.jar
  • This add-on has no modules.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi,

I´ve been testing the integration with Bamboo 5.6.  The plugin (.jar) must be stored at: "C:\Program Files\Bamboo\atlassian-bamboo\WEB-INF\lib". Be sure that you enable the permissions (depending on the user who runs the Bamboo service).

Anyway, when configuring a Bamboo plan, Plastic is not appearing as a repository option

pic1_zpsc399d89c.png).  This window has been recently modified by Atlassian, so we will need to perform a fix to add Plastic a

Workaround: There is a workaround to use the plugin.  Although Plastic does not appear in the first window, if you go to edit the plan settings --> repository, you will be able to add Plastic SCM as source control.

pic2_zps6a581462.png

This view hasn´t been changed and it´s still working. I know that the workaround is not very intuitive, but at least, until we perform a fix in the plugin, you can continue using Plastic SCM.

Regards,

Carlos

Thanks for the workaround!

I tried it, but now I get the following error message:

post-27929-0-94312900-1410765034_thumb.png

I double checked my setting and they are all correct. I realized that I was never ask for login credentials, maybe that could be the issue. But I don't know how and where to enter PlasticSCM login credentials.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi manu,

thanks for the new plugin! I just tried it but I still have issues to get Bamboo connecting to PlasticSCM .

If I add a new repository or if I create a new plan with a PlasticSCM repository.

I always get "The specified branch does not exist in the specified repository and server."

I am missing to enter login credentials for PlasticSCM, might that be an issue? Or how can Bamboo access my PlasticSCM repostitory without login credentials?

ok now I found out that I need to have a PlasticSCM installation on the Bamboo server as well. I installed the lastest 5.0 client installation in my /opt folder and configured to use a valid user.

Then I moved the client.conf and the plastic.workspaces from ~/.plastic4 into the /opt/plasticscm5/client folder as described at http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-how-to-configure-plastic-scm-with-atlassian-bamboo.aspx.

But Bamboo gives me the same error as described above.

Yes I restarted Bamboo, several times but I always get the same error message. Is there anywhere a step by step guide for PlasticSCM 5.0 and Bamboo 5.6? Maybe that helps to figure out the issue. Or can I find somewhere a debug output from the PlasticSCM Bamboo plugin where I can see what's going on?

Archived