Can't use sync or view local profile error: The given key 120, Unable to resolve remote name, Organizations configuration file does not exist

Alex Fortirus

Hello there! I'm new to Plastic and try my best to solve this problem to myself, but atlast - i'm stack. So, what's the proble:

1. I'm trying Plastic in distributed mode to work with an existing project
  2. When the program was launched for the first time, the wizard for creating the first workplace opened - I selected the mode, indicated the name and address of the local repository, and selected the one in the cloud
  3. The workplace, repository and sync rule was created, but when i try to look at the branches of cloud to pull whem by the sync i get this error:image.png.d2ddf2619c4b477f7605186dc230ade8.png
  4. Also when i try to look at my local profile setting i got this error: Cannot retrieve the profile from local. Details: *one from below*
  5. So,I looked at the log and there was an error (the second replaced the first after several reinstallations of the Plastic) :
  6. ERROR PlasticRestApi - There was an error while calling 'https://local:7179/api/v1/login/accesstoken': This host is unknown. (local:7179)
    or
    ERROR PlasticRestApi - There was an error while calling 'https://local:7179/api/v1/login/accesstoken': The remote name could not be resolved: 'local'

7. And the server log (plastic.errors.log.**) have:
  8. (null) (null) ERROR Organizations - Organizations configuration file 'C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\organizations.conf' does not exist!
  9. What I did trying to fix them:

• I test this port (local:7179) in cmd (netstat) and powershell (Test-NetConnection) - it did not find it

• I checked the services from Plastic - they work, even restarting

• Added this port and services to the exceptions in the firewall and my antivirus

• Created an empty 'organizations.conf' file - because of this, the rest of the functionality of the program stopped working and the server simply gave an error about this file

• Clear (with delete the the 'PlasticSCM5' folder) reinstalled the program

But nothing could fix the problem, only the error text changed. What could be the reason - why the local server cannot start normally? Or is the problem something else? 
For now, I will work in centralized mode, like the rest of the team, but I still want to make distributed work as well.

I have attached the server and client logs.

plastic.relevant.log.20220623.txt plastic.debug.log.20220623.txt plastic.debug.log.20220623.txt plastic.errors.log.20220623.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Let's clarify first what is your jey problem. I guess is the error you are showing in the sync view, right? I don't any of the errors you are showing from the log are related to it.

Actually the problem is the replica operation so we should check the server logs (C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\plastic.debug.log.txt).

I'm guessing if something is wrong with your local repo database. if you create a new clean local repo to pull from the cloud repo, does the issue persists?

Regards,

Carlos.