Crash start OSX Yosemite

edupedu

Hi,

I had some problems before with Plastic SCM on OSX 10.10 Yosemite, but I solved them by reinstalling X11 (www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2390-crash-on-osx-1010-yosemite/).

Now I have a problem every time I boot the computer. When I start Plastic SCM it crashes with this log on Terminal:

X does not support your locale
Gtk not found (missing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0?), using built-in colorscheme
Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag

But if I reinstall Plastic SCM, everything works well.

The problem is that if I reboot the computer, then plastic crash again and I have to reinstall it every time I open the computer in order to avoid this crash.

I've attached and image of the message I receive If i try to open plastic GUI Client.

Anyone have the same problem or knows what's happening?

Thanks in advance,

Edu :)

post-21676-0-34120300-1414576777_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Hi to all,

I've found the problem that causes Plastic SCM Server not to start on System startup. The problem is that Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) does not load "/Library/StartupItems" anymore. So Plastic SCM startup item is not loaded anymore on OSX 10.10.

You can find the explanation here https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/06/12/yosemite-dp1-removes-systemstarter/.

I couldn't have resolved the problem. Hope Plastic team can fix this or anyone finds a solution.

Thanks for all,

Edu

• 4 months later...

I too am having problems. Going a little crazy here. Every time I try to open the Plastic SCM Server app it just crashes instantly. Also on Yosemite 10.10. 

Do I need to install any particular software on my standard mac FYI. Your system requirements information sucks for OS X but I may just feel that way because I can't open the server application but I'm left wondering what to do. Strangely I can create repos by using localhost:8087 but can't connect to it from another machine. 

Hi,

But it seems a different issue. The problem of this topic was that the Plastic server didn´t automatically start after a reboot and it was already fixed. 

What do you mean by "Plastic SCM Server app"? The Plastic server is just a daemon that listens on a specific port. I guess that you mean the Plastic client app. We have a new client GUI for Mac users: macplastic.  Using this GUI, you will be able to acces to your repositories. If you can create repos, it means the server is up and wokring. So try to open macplastic and create a workspace for the default repository.

If you can connect your client from the server machine but not from a different machine, please review that you don´t have a firewall blocking the server port.

Regards,

Carlos.

In my applications folder there is a Application called PlasticSCMServer I downloaded it after installing macplastic as I assumed I needed a server to work with it as I could not connect to anything, this is the one that does nothing when I open it.

I suppose I assumed that I would have to setup user access on the server side so my PC could connect to it. Ive turned off my firewalls completely for testing.  

I installed the client only on my PC without server components, does each machine need its own local server? the configuration wizard found the server on OSX but I can not see the repo I just created on it. 

Hi,

In order to use Plastic, you need both a server and a client. But it doesn´t mean that you need a server in each machine. You can install a server in a "central" machine and then isntall the clients in the different developer machines to reach the server. You can configure the Plastic client against a central server or a local one depending on your needs.

Summary:

- Server: is a daemon that listen on a specific port. There is a tool to configure the server "configureserver" in the server folder. You can configure the server port and authentication mode. You can also start and stop the server using the "plasticsd" script.  There is a log file in the folder that monitor the server operations.

eg:  

sudo plasticsd start
sudo plasticsd stop

- Client: You can use the GUI client (macplastic) or the command line (cm) in order to connected to server and perform the SCM operations. You need to to configure the client to connect to the server address and port.

Then, you can run the "cm lrep" command in order to list the repositories. If they are properly listed, it means that the client is well configured (and the server is reachable from the client) and you can open the GUI, create a new workspace and start working with it.

Regards,

Carlos.

Thanks Carlos thats cleared some stuff up, so it appears that I was doing the correct thing, server on mac and only client on PC. 

Well anyway whilst I was banging my head across the wall I managed to setup a EC2 instance on AWS successfully running  SCM. I think I managed to get all setup correctly. My macplastic client can connect to the Server fine, the only trouble im having is when I go create a repo from my client I get this message:

"Your auto-renewal license has been disabled by an administrator"

So right now im just trying out SCM, I signed up and got a 30 day license downloaded, ive replaced the license file on SCM server on AWS with this and still no luck. Any ideas. If I can get working on AWS it will be ideal for me. 

Archived