Error on startup plastic client

jacobsl

We are a game company, and are looking for the versioning system we want to use on our next and future projects.

So, I have installed Plastic GUI Client on my mac. First time it runs fine and I get to update and download items from our repository.

I close it down and open it again and I get this error:

"Culture name iv is not supported. Parameter name: iv"

My mac is brand new, and nearly clean. Only just installed Photoshop and Unity.

I have tired restarting and reinstalling both plastic and XQuartz.

The same error always come up.

Whats wrong?

post-28330-0-03253000-1415113056_thumb.jpg

I am seeing this same error.  I am also evaluating Plastic but cannot do so because of this error.  I ran into it after the "select workspace" dialogue.  I selected cancel, then the application just quit (very odd behavior).  Now any time I try to run it, I see this error. Any help would be appreciated.  

Sure, I'll write you an email with the link.

BTW, we recently discovered what is wrong, maybe you will need to do it even if you install the new native GUI.

Is not an x11 or mono issue, for some reason you have the following line in your client.conf file (also at the hidden .plastic4 directory)

<Language>iv</Language>

Change it to;

<Language>en</Language>

Save the file and open the GUI again, I think that will solve your issue.

Hi Miketr33,

sent! But take into account that the "IV" language issue might be affecting also the native GUI so review the step to fix it:

Sure, I'll write you an email with the link.

BTW, we recently discovered what is wrong, maybe you will need to do it even if you install the new native GUI.

Is not an x11 or mono issue, for some reason you have the following line in your client.conf file (also at the hidden .plastic4 directory)

<Language>iv</Language>

Change it to;

<Language>en</Language>

• 1 month later...

Hi,

You can download the Macplastic (beta) at www.plasticscm.com --> Downloads.

Didn´t the Manu workaround help?

<Language>iv</Language>

Change it to;

<Language>en</Language>

The language "fix" worked partially....once, but after doing a clean install and running again , I was getting the same issue despite the client.conf file not yet existing in the hidden plastic4 directory.

I am getting a 403 error trying to access your downloads directory.  "Forbidden access"

Edit: my apologies the 403 was because I was using the plasticscm.net domain....I looked on plascticscm.com/download and I can't see macplastic anywhere - just 

Rovaniemi and Tampere (which I have tried).  Nor do I see it in Labs Downloads.

I'm probably being dumb but I just can't find it sorry.

...so to clarify....the larger issue has been that the server simply has never started...and the logs are "silent" on what has happened.  All I have are the two popups posted originally.

I don't think I will try anything else unless it's the native gui version - thanks.  I currently making do with GIT and a native osx git client .

Archived