Getting error in Unity

TomND

Hello, i am currently in the process of getting plastic SCM to work with my unity project, and i've run into a problem. I've been following the youtube video posted by plastic SCM, and managed to get everything working, and even got the project settings submitted to the server. The issue that i am having is, although i can submit the project setting, trying to sync any other file seems to give me the following error in unity: 

PlasticSCM : Type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeErrorCollection' in Assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' is not marked as serializable.: THOMAS-PC:8087

Any ideas how to fix this? Note that im fairly new to using this sort of system.

Thanks,

Thomas

Hey,

The project is around 15 gb big. With the asset folder itself being around 12 gb. Last night i tried to upload one folder at a time, and noticed that some worked and others didn't. For example, I managed to upload a scene that was in the root asset folder, as well as a very small folder called plugins, however, it failed to upload a folder called Audio that was around 800 mb big, with the same error. Also, im not sure where to find the log file for the server, im quite new to using Plastic, or anything like it. I read that i have to find a loader.log.txt file, except it was not in the folder i read it had to be. i see loader.log.conf however, if that helps, although im not sure if any of this is relevant at all.

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

if your project is 15GB big forget about using SqlServer CE, switch to MySQL asap :P

SqlServer CE is a great back-end but it's limited, not by us, to 4GB.

Here you have the MySQL configuration: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide.shtml#ConfigurePlasticSCMwithMySQL

If you need any help I'mm be happy to assists.

Hey,

I managed to get Mysql and get it set up with plastic without any issues. However, I now get the following error in unity:

PlasticSCM : There has been an unexpected error "Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are not allowed.". For more information check the server log.

i set max_allowed_packet to 10 MB in mysql as the configuration guide says, if thats relevant. Any ideas what i should do?

edit: it appears that editing the my.ini file is more complicated then just editing and saving it, atleast thats what im reading now. So i probably didn't edit it properly. Next chance i get i need to look into how to do that

Hi!

Yes, you need to change that parameter, as the guide says:

Once these settings are in place, restart the MySQL service.

Also, don't forget to set the max_allowed_packet to 10MB. This is mandatory for correct Plastic SCM operation:

max_allowed_packet = 10M

Then restart MySQL and try the operation again.

You need to change this parameter because MySQL use to have this value set to 1 or 2MB and the Plastic SCM data packages are 4MB big.

Archived