Update with a log of commits

pommak

Is there any way to get a log of updated commits/files automatically after updating a workspace? I'd like to see which commits have been done and files modified since my previous update.

The partial workaround is to go to Changesets after updating and trying to figure out which commits came in the update. And it's very tedious to see all the files that were modified because you need to double-click see the changed files. This requires way too many clicks to be remotely usable especially if there are many commits in the update.

It's not built in but you can script it by doing the following.

1- get the current changeset loaded: "cm status --nochanges" -> This will be the src changeset.

2- update your workspace.

3- repeat the status command -> This will be the destination cset.

4- print the differences between the src changeset or get the log "cm log --from=cs:20 cs:50"

You can write it inside a script so you will get the update + the info you are looking for.

It's not built in but you can script it by doing the following.

1- get the current changeset loaded: "cm status --nochanges" -> This will be the src changeset.

2- update your workspace.

3- repeat the status command -> This will be the destination cset.

4- print the differences between the src changeset or get the log "cm log --from=cs:20 cs:50"

You can write it inside a script so you will get the update + the info you are looking for.

This is great but one of the reasons we moved to Plastic SCM was its awesome GUI. Is there any way I can do this from GUI? Or even better, make it so that even artists can use it?

Hi,

If you go to the branch explorer and select the changeset where your changest is updated + the changet where you want to switch it --> "Diff selected changesets". This way you can see the differences between the two changsets usign the GUI. Not sure if it helps.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived