Update Workspace Not Working

jalex19

Getting this on 5.4.16.657 - Seville

Image fairly self explanatory but, Update Workspace button not working  and I need to manually right click on the latest blue bubble changelist and move my workspace to that changelist.

http://i.imgur.com/u9RISxT.png

Anything I can do to make Update Workspace make me always go to the latest changelist?

Thanks

Hi,

- If your workspace selector is pointing to a specific changeset and you click on the Update Workspace button, the content from this changeset will be updated.

- If you workspace is pointing to the branch, and there are new changesets on the same branch, your workspace will be updated with the last changeset of the branch content.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 2 years later...

I have this same problem right now but to be honest Carlos, your answer above doesn't seem to make much sense, related to the problem at hand.  You seem to be describing the normal behavior of the update workspace button.  The problem, and the point of this post from my perspective, is to address the issue that it is not working as you've laid out.

For example, in my case, I am connected to a repo.  It has one branch(main), my workspace is setup to that branch.  I am on changeset 94 and the most recent changeset is 95.  I go to the items in workspace tab, hit update workspace and it tells me that 'The workspace is up to date @cset:94', which is clearly not true as I can see cset 95 in my find changesets tab.  The only way I can pull down cset 95 is to go into the find changesets tab, right click on changeset 95 and click 'switch workspace to this changeset.  Only then does it download the updates.  This is now the only way I can pull updates down at all on this specific repo, the update workspace button has ceased to work at all.

Hello,

as Carlos explained there're two ways your workspace can be configured.

The first one is tied to a changeset, it doesn't matter how many times you click the "Update" button or how many new changesets the branch has, it will always try to keep it updated with the configured changeset, it's an static configuration. You will know if you are tied to a changeset if your top panel looks like this:

cset.PNG

The second one is when you work based on a branch, this is a dynamic configuration, everything you click the "update" button Plastic will search for new changesets and will switch to the latest one if it's possible. You will see something like this when you work with a branch:

br.PNG

Best,
Manu.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 11:00 AM, manu said:

Hello,

as Carlos explained there're two ways your workspace can be configured.

The first one is tied to a changeset, it doesn't matter how many times you click the "Update" button or how many new changesets the branch has, it will always try to keep it updated with the configured changeset, it's an static configuration. You will know if you are tied to a changeset if your top panel looks like this:

cset.PNG

The second one is when you work based on a branch, this is a dynamic configuration, everything you click the "update" button Plastic will search for new changesets and will switch to the latest one if it's possible. You will see something like this when you work with a branch:

br.PNG

Best,
Manu.

Thanks for re-iterating, this is definitely what's happening over here.. The question is how do I change it back to the dynamic configuration?  If I right click where you highlighted in your image I can Set Selector and there I see this in the text field:  smartbranch "/main" changeset "1064"   

I assume setting it back to 

br "/main"
  co "/main"

Should fix this?

There's an easier way to do it. Just right click the branch, make sure you click the branch, and switch to it. That will change your "selector" to work with a branch instead of a changeset.

The command line equivalent is "cm switch branchname" 

Archived