cloaked.conf not downloading first?

hypotheticalEric

I'm not sure if this is a bug, intended behavior or user error, so I figured I would post here and see what others have found.  I'm finding that on the Mac version, cloaked.conf is not read first when updating a workspace for the first time, so I download a lot of unneeded files.

Here's what led to this:

1. Repository + branches etc. were created on workstations at the office and included a lot of big files that aren't really that important, so I cloaked them (about 29GB of photos for this project) so that they won't download usually.
  2. At home, via VPN (so verrrryyyy slloooowwww) I create a new workspace on my Mac laptop using MacPlastic version 5.4.16.675 ( also tested the old Mac client and found the same behavior).
  3. I switch the workspace to the changeset I want and it starts downloading all of the files, including cloaked files.
  4. I also see that it hasn't downloaded the cloaked.conf file yet, so it doesn't know what to include.
  5. In this case, I was able to remote into the office workstation to grab the cloaked.conf file separately and put it in my workspace.  Now when I update it works great, skipping the cloaked files.

So is there a way to make sure Plastic downloads the cloaked.conf file first so it will know to skip other files?  Or another way to accomplish this?

Hi!

let me try to explain how it currently works.

the update operation won't take into account the "cloaked.conf" file you have added at the head cset you are switching it, the update operation will only take into account the "cloaked.conf" files that are located at the root wks dir or the local user dir path (C:\Users\manu\AppData\Local\plastic4).

At the time you start the fist update operation there's no "cloaked.conf" available and no cloaked rules are applied.

In the future there will be a way to configure it in a global way so the update will be able to retrieve the cloaked rules first and apply them to the download operation, it's in our roadmap.

Right now, as a workaround for your first update, you can copy the clocaked.conf in your workspace and then start the operation.

Archived